VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard reports was a eclipse and another "racer" car the news is reporting. Anybody know what happened??

·
Registered
517 Posts
Re: What happened w/that fatality this morning?? (BeBeGurL)

It appears to be one gen2 and one gen3 Eclipse colliding with a safety systems truck. Unfortunately two SS workers on the back of the flatbed were killed along with the two eclipse drivers. Nothing was released to confirm that this was a street racing related incident. Slow it down and take it easy folks. Happy Friday the 13th.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Re: What happened w/that fatality this morning?? (ttmf)

ok so what's up with racing on streets? doesn't anybody believe in taking it to the tracks? i mean c'mon people, is it worth getting yourself killed out there, if not u dying, someone else dying from your stupidity? and people out there wonder why we have all these new laws that they wanna pass. it's cause people don't think about the outcome of racing on the streets. think about the family. what about them? try putting yourself in their shoes for once. think about it. is a stupid street race really worth it?

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Re: What happened w/that fatality this morning?? (ayospinoy)

Just earlier there was a caller on the Perry and Price show mentioning that he was a former racer, and the way to stop all this racing is to end "race shops". If they can't buy turbos, superchargers or NAWs then they won't kill themselves. The former racer mentioned that he survived 4 crashes. Larry Price then asked what is Nitrous Oxide? The former racer then said it's "forced induction"ending at that, (brah, if you truly no what it is, there's more to it then that). Banning speed shops will not solve anything. There are alot of people who buy the speed parts and do not race and even condone street racing, it just erked me how he was venting and blaming "speed parts" as the sole contributor to this tragedy. He should have accounted "Stupidity".

·
Registered
825 Posts
Re: What happened w/that fatality this morning?? (Rage In The Machines)

hey rage i so totally agree with u. the shops don't make u speed...it's the driver behind the wheel who makes that stupid decision. yes and i too am a person who likes to go to the shops to purchase things for my car, and yes im also a person who is against street racing. i agree.....it is "stupidity".

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Re: What happened w/that fatality this morning?? (SiMpLy)

I agree too Rage...just because a car is modified doesn't mean it participates in races. Nor does it mean a person in a stock car won't race. It's not the cars nor shops...it's the people. My condolences to those two workers. If the two guys were racing, I'm glad they killed themselves (flame suit on). That's two less dangerous people on the streets. Unfortunately, they had to take someone innocent with them.

What a day...Friday the 13th...what usually is a 30 minute drive at leisure pace from home to work turned into a hour and 45 minute hell.

·
Registered
13,143 Posts
Re: What happened w/that fatality this morning?? (rsrm491)

Quote, originally posted by rsrm491 »
just because a car is modified doesn't mean it participates in races. Nor does it mean a person in a stock car won't race.

I wish cops would think the same.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Re: What happened w/that fatality this morning?? (Aloha-boy)

ya i agree with everyone, its the person behind the wheel. i know people that race with stock vans and lifted trucks. now come on? when non-racer cars crash, its nothing, but when racers cars crash...cops are all on it and blame us. me i dont race, i just want my car to look good. all show, no go!! RIP to the workers, and the racers! everyone has to go, it just sucks they had to go like that!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Re: What happened w/that fatality this morning?? (NoDubD1S)

Don't ban speed shops.
Just take that kinda stuff to the tracks. Honolulu has all types of legal and sanctioned racing (i.e. Solo 2, track days, wheel to wheel, drags, etc.).
The only way to stop the madness is to limit the racing to the race tracks not the streets.
On the tracks the conditions are controlled and monitored closely by track workers and officials. Moreover, you race against other individuals who are also racing along.
Racing on the streets is high risk. It's not controlled, it's not predictable and there are innocent bystanders. The two traffic control workers started their day like any other, but the end was simply tragic.
I'll come out and say it first. Street racers have no balls. If they were such good drivers, then they should prove it at the tracks with other drivers of similar capabilities. If you kill yourself at the track...well that's your fault for being reckless or driving over your head. But killing someone just because they happen to be on a PUBLIC road...that's stupid and IMO gutless.
Street racers have no excuse, but to take their driving to the legal race tracks.
I'll say it again. If these no-balls street racers are so good, show it to me at the tracks. Most of the "racers" I've seen can't drive for beans at the track.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Re: What happened w/that fatality this morning?? (Risky GTI)

not just racers but a lot of people have to learn to make the right choices on the street.. we see to much speeding and even speeding in bad weather.. and it's not just speeding it's cutting people off or taking a turn when your not supposed so.. it's **** like that..i mean we dawg so much about how stupid racers are and what not.. but we're just hypocrites.. atleast i know i am.. i've been caught speeding on public roads and there's just no excuse to that.. just need to learn to make the right choices.. it sucks they made a wrong decision and it sucks even more they had to take other innocent peoples lifes along with them.. RIP.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Re: What happened w/that fatality this morning?? (derfie)

my heart def. goes out to the families of the workers on that truck...

but seriously, F*CK the racers. I too, am glad that they won't be around to kill anyone else. If the legislators can get this right, I'm all for impounding cars caught in street races, and charging the drivers w/felonies. first offense, do not pass go. what everyone needs to realise, is that it's that the people make bad decisions, not the cars, or shops that sell car parts. we might all have to write letters to the advertiser tonight, at the very least, and let everyone now how we feel http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
21,570 Posts
Re: What happened w/that fatality this morning?? (Rider_Wanted)

hooooo that thing is slammed!
here's what bugs me bout this.
1. the **** went down at 311am. the freeway re-opened at 10am. tell me it takes 7 hours to clean this **** up.
2. now we're back to everyone hating on all the car modifiers. i agree with the others... just 'cause your car isnt stock doesnt mean youre a street racer.
3. how the hell can you be such a ****ty driver that you cant see a truck with flashing lights up top?? harsh as it may be, those ****s deserve to die.
i was up early today due to work and was gettin rather fed up listening to everyone calling in to the radio stations and what not.
prayers to the family members of those on the truck.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Re: What happened w/that fatality this morning?? (Rider_Wanted)

Yah I agree also with street racing!!! to bad we wont know if they were DUI which also cost of been the major factor of these things happening ...But I love to speed but when pepole try to oppose meeh I just back off and let them get caught or crash ....

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Re: What happened w/that fatality this morning?? (RED BULL)

First condolences to the family!
But I agree with rsrm491 the racers got what they deserve. If they were racing good for them. And that's stupid if they want to close the shops, not going to stop people buying online. Or people in stock cars from speeding, cutting people off, etc etc....cars don't kill people, people kill people!!
and also I swear if I hear one more person saying that the accident happened because "its' friday the 13th, I'll show you friday the 13th!!

stay safe, tomorrow's Valentine's day, be happy with the one you love and go get some!!

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Re: What happened w/that fatality this morning?? (Minicon)

Quote, originally posted by Minicon »
cars don't kill people, people kill people!!

amen to that... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Re: What happened w/that fatality this morning?? (rsrm491)

while watching ch 2 news about the racing at tracks seen jence!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts