1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
784 Posts
Re: What happens when you take 40 AE86s to Willow Springs? [Pics] (Slonie)

dude. my good bud has a hachi that looks EXACTLY like your friend's red one with the black mesh wheels. The only difference is my bud still has the GT-S 16v sticker on the door.. cool stuff. I can't even express how badly I want to go to the next speedtrial drift/track session.. grrrr. All I need is about $1500...

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
Re: What happens when you take 40 AE86s to Willow Springs? [Pics] (Rob)

SWEEET
but i hate you now
.. oh.. must resist the urge to find a corolla gts hatch.. must resist the urge..

·
Registered
14,861 Posts
Re: What happens when you take 40 AE86s to Willow Springs? [Pics] (Rob)

quote:[HR][/HR]Sweet! How'd that 5Zigen Type-R do against the old school Hachis?[HR][/HR]​
It better have eaten them for lunch looking like that!
And that S2000 doesn't look too happy.

[Modified by jerk, 11:14 AM 11-27-2001]

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: What happens when you take 40 AE86s to Willow Springs? [Pics] (jerk)

I didn't see much of the 5Zigen Type R on the track, but I did sit in it. Quite awesome, and I love the roll cage (most unintrusive I've ever seen). I overheard somebody saying that the Type R was going very slow out there, but I'd understand it considering it was my friend driving "the company car" (he works for 5Zigen's importer)....
Let's see, what else....We got rained out of the venue around 2:30pm. It sucked. Not as much as the day sucked for the S2000 guy though
. I don't even know how he was able to hit the green wall like that! We go crazy on the front skidpad corner all the time and I've never seen anyone get close, even if they hit the dirt. I guess he thought he was driving a Corolla that you can just pull another off the pile when you break it

In any case, it was crazy fun, and the rain made it fun too, until there was standing water all over the track and people were flying off left and right...
Next Event is this Sunday at Buttonwillow's east loop....Drift Mania will ensue!

Hey, shouldn't you be facing forward?

[Modified by Slonie, 2:47 PM 11-27-2001]

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: What happens when you take 40 AE86s to Willow Springs? [Pics] (fastfour)

quote:[HR][/HR]dude. my good bud has a hachi that looks EXACTLY like your friend's red one with the black mesh wheels. The only difference is my bud still has the GT-S 16v sticker on the door.. cool stuff. I can't even express how badly I want to go to the next speedtrial drift/track session.. grrrr. All I need is about $1500...
[HR][/HR]​
Come on up for Buttonwillow this sunday! $50! I think it's already full though...
But the Bay Area crew comes down for these events, that means that San Diego should be no problem if you're dedicated

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: What happens when you take 40 AE86s to Willow Springs? [Pics] (Slonie)

Something for everyone in this pic. Well "everyone" meaning Honda and Toyota fans
Wait, I spotted the Martini 911 in there...Look carefully.

Group C was almost entirely Corolla GTS's. That's about 30 of them, I mean...

And here's my friend Alex showing everyone how it's done (he has a Corolla too but brought the 911 to compete in the "Euro Drift Contest" the next day, within which he was the only entrant!)

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

[Modified by Slonie, 6:53 PM 11-27-2001]

·
Registered
E82M Coupe, A177 A35 Hatch
5,056 Posts
Re: What happens when you take 40 AE86s to Willow Springs? [Pics] (CanuckPal)

quote:[HR][/HR]Some very nice Toyotas. I'm digging the yellow one. Never thought a yellow AE86 would look so good!

I feel sorry for my Corolla, sitting in the driveway undriven for three weeks.
[HR][/HR]​
Think about it, CP, that could have been you on the track...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.