VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
5,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i had a big exhaust leak between my turbo (GT28RS) and manifold so i thought it would be easy to fix. Well i was wrong. I forgot how tight the oil and coolant lines are on the new turbo and i had to drain my coolant then do a oil change then when i got the turbo off this is what the gasket looked like

so i didnt have another gasket so i just used some heat temp rtv and i hope it holds
cause dont really want to do that again but in the end car runs so much better and spools alot faster and no more leaks

Modified by GTI337DUB at 4:11 AM 11-27-2006

· Registered
9,498 Posts
Re: What i did today (GTI337DUB)

what turbo do you run? Is it t25 or t3? Because I think Nissan has a high quality t25 gasket a lot of people run.
I run no mani/turbo on my T3 flange. I did run one for a while, but the last time the turbo came off I decided to run without one. Fine so far. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by PolskiHetzen at 8:11 PM 11-26-2006

· Registered
6,060 Posts
Re: What i did today (PolskiHetzen)

T3T4 50trim ftw..... but anyways that gasket didnt look to happy.... Id offer you one of my gaskets from my 50trim, but i dont know if they ar the same flange, and i cleaned out all my old gti parts about a week ago and some how mangaged to throw away a lot of gaskets....

· Registered
43,386 Posts
Re: What i did today (045Gli)

Quote, originally posted by 045Gli »
If you can drive it can be done, ive done it numerous times

I would like to see a video of this, cause I dont believe it

· Banned
2,892 Posts
Re: What i did today (Richard Belding)

Quote, originally posted by Richard Belding »

I would like to see a video of this, cause I dont believe it

Sure let me get that right to ya b/c i have time to shoot a video of it at 130mph

· Registered
43,386 Posts
Re: What i did today (045Gli)

Quote, originally posted by 045Gli »
Sure let me get that right to ya b/c i have time to shoot a video of it at 130mph

its been done before

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.