VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking to put wheel adapters on my car and for some reason i cant find anywhere on the interwebs that has them for the 5x112 to 5x114.3 since i like the idea of having studs rather than lug bolts for ease of rim swapping and also with the 5x114.3 i will have more wheel options to choose from. please suggest what and where to get wheel adapters and if you have had any experience with them to let me know what you thought of them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok great. i see they start at 15mm for the adapter. sorry for the noob questions since im fairly new with VW and have never messed with wheels much either. i found a set of work meister s1 3p wheels with several offsets and was wondering if i get a 15mm adapter kit what kind of offset for the wheel should i be looking at so i dont run into issues with rubbing or poor fitment. so far everything right now is stock but i do plan to put a koni cup kit on it which would lower about 1.4" front and back according to what those kits say.

·
Registered
30 Posts
15 mm are ok, I use 17mm on my Jetta with 45 offset wheels 18 inches and I have a R&H springs with out problem, but in your case you need to know the maximum offset on wheels

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
Don't buy wheels to fit 15mm adapters, buy wheels with a high enough offset then get adapters built for the final offset. Places like ecs just sell pre made sizes, places like adaptec Speedware or 42dd build everything custom and down to the exact size

·
Registered
761 Posts
If you haven't pulled the trigger yet, you might want to consider just getting wheels that don't need adapters. 18x8ET45 is a great size and offset for our cars without using spacers or anything, and there are a lot of wheels available in that size. 18x8.5 is a common size as well. Think about getting that with a different bolt pattern and what a 15mm adapter would do to that offset. It would push it out almost an inch. I understand what you're saying about having studs, as my first car (a 97 Jetta) had studs and it was a lot easier. But, you get used to not having them really fast and I've never really missed it.

I"m not trying to talk down to you here, and I'm no wheel genius myself, but you said you're new to it. If you haven't already done so, look at all the wheel options from ECS. Neuspeed, VMR, BBS, O.Z. are all good reputable brands for our platform. There are tons more. ECS tuning literally has 28 pages of aftermarket alloys for a MKVI GTI, plus you have most of the VW/Audi OEM options to consider. https://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_VI--2.0T/Wheels/Aftermarket_Alloys/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts