VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,624 Posts
Re: What is a neutral drop? (dmc)

define brake torquing
I assume you mean holding the handbrake and floor the accelerator?
tried that a few times, but the car started dragging forward, must have good traction up front, or maybe I was handbraking on the pavement too much

I gotta say, cavaliers are pretty tough as much as I hate them

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Re: What is a neutral drop? (CanuckPal)

footbraking, braketorquing, 'stalling up', etc
Just sit there with some revs built up, holding the brake down hard and the gas in a little, then floor the gas and come off the brake.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Re: What is a neutral drop? (Tristan)

quote:[HR][/HR]I know this kid who did to many in his parents jeep grand cheroke v8 about 6 months old, the drive shaft fell out on the road.[HR][/HR]​
My friend has a Cherokee. He was revving the engine and he accidentaly dropped it into D. Driveshaft fell out too. Hmmm... must be a Jeep thing.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Re: What is a neutral drop? (RJetta8V)

Its VERY VERY VERY BAD to rev your engine with an automatic tranmission in N. Engines are designed to work against load, and this is freerevving with no load. Unless you dont like your rods......

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Re: What is a neutral drop? (Crazyquik)

quote:[HR][/HR]Its VERY VERY VERY BAD to rev your engine with an automatic tranmission in N. Engines are designed to work against load, and this is freerevving with no load. Unless you dont like your rods......[HR][/HR]​
I know its bad, I just dont know why.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.