VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the story... ever since I have my springs and shocks installed, I have been hearing this "tap.. tap... tap" noise coming from the rear suspensions. I heard about the Bilstein sport shock noise problem but at the end it wasn't coming from the shocks... I try adding some grease around the top and bottom of the rear springs, around the bushing area, and the sound was gone... for a while.
Lately I email Neuspeed about the problem and the guy (Joseph) said I might be missing the rubber isolator...
So, what is a Rubber Isolator??
So if anybody know can you please tell me? Thanks so much

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Re: What is a rubber isolator???? (MyGolf18t)

The rubber isolator is the pad that sits between the spring and the metal portions of the spring seats. It does exactly what the name implies: it isolates one piece of metal (the spring) from another (the spring seat). On the Mk. IV there are 2 rubber isolators per spring in the rear.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: What is a rubber isolator???? (Kevin Rowley)

ok thanks. do you where I can get some more info on it? like some pic or something?
I have a Bentley manual on order. does the manual have any kind of picture of it?

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Re: What is a rubber isolator???? (MyGolf18t)

Go to your local dealer and ask them to show you the diagram for the rear suspension. Then ask them to point out the rubber isolators for the rear springs. (It will be obvious.) One is about $7 and the other is about $4.
Why don't you consult the person who installed the springs for you? They would know better than anyone if the isolators are not there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts