VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's only since I've owned a Phaeton, with it's beautiful paintwork, that I've become interested in keeping it clean and shiny....

And as soon as it's dry I find that little yellow spots keep appearing. They are soft at first but soon dry. They come off easily... but what are they? I seem to remember being told they were pollen balls... and they certainly have a sickly sweet smell before they go dry....

Anybody now the detailed provenance of them? and is there any cure... other than garaging the car?

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
589 Posts
It is pollen..........;) (at least in my area)

My neighbor was so concerned that they might be some sort of discharge from aircraft, that he had them analyzed at the medical lab where he works. If you live near large trees, you will see the "drops" more frequently certain times of the year.............especially when the morning condensation has dried from your car.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Being from the other side of the pond, I don't know about the pollen in your area, but could your little yellow balls be from your chamois? I know an inferior quality chamois that I've used in the past has done this.

·
Registered
211 Posts
:p I think I know what you mean are they a little waxy or like specs of toffee?
I have had them in the past but not noticed them recently. I think I had a few every day when parked under a relative's tree in Germany. I thought they were from high altitude birds who had eaten something weird. Where does this pollen come from? Bees? Do they land on the car or leak it when resting in a tree?

·
3,433 Posts
In this wet landscape, I get small round spots of a yellow lichen growing if one of the cars is parked up for a few weeks.

But no-one would let their Phaeton do that.

image via naturenet.net

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.