VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
. . . that is connected to my airbox? While drilling the box, I noticed two wires, kinda plugged into the engine side, near the top. One wire is black, one is orange; the orange was cut off (but still connected), the black intact. What is their purpose?
Also, when removing the flap inside, I realized that another black *wire* runs out the rear side to NOTHING--so I removed it. No problems, CE light, etc. What are these things?
One last thing: That cricket trapped in my left front wheel, that's a bad wheel bearing right? Anyone changed these out themselves? How long, how hard, etc?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: What is that thing. . . (Apoidea)

what do I have to do? Maybe I should include keywords in the post title like "springs, bbs, 60 sec times, what tires should i buy?, euro lights," and so on.

·
Registered
36 Posts

im not sure about your mystery wires but, the wheel bearing is easy if you have a press if not you could probably take out your bearing housing and bring it to a garage to have it pressed out. Thats what i have done in the past. over all i think the job is pretty easy just kinda time consuming and dirty

·
Registered
851 Posts

I think you'll find that these aren't wires! They are vacuum hoses. The black one comes from the intake manifold (next to the vacuum for the fuel pressure regulator) and goes to the temp. sensor on the side of the air box. . The orange one goes from the lower fitting of the temp. sensor to the flap servo. The purpose of this is to control cold air intake.

[Modified by Dr Don Madbug's Dad, 6:48 PM 4-8-2002]

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: What is that thing. . . (Quickie)

Maybe it is a warped rotor, I don't know for sure. That would make more sense cause there is a slight squeal to my brakes that I've ignored for a couple of months now. Hmmmm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.