VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, what is the 0-60 of a stock SLC VR6 and if you know, what is the 0-60 of an E36 3 series 325i BMW.
Sort of comparison shopping. Was planning on the 3 series but may have a Corrado coming up

· Registered
946 Posts
Re: What is the 0-60 time of a stock SLC? (SoonerE39)

Well, that depends on the source...
1993 VW brochure: 6.8
1992 Autoweek: 7.5
1993 Road and Track: 6.9
1992 Road and Track: 6.9 (the article does mention that this bests the '92 325, and that regarding the SLC's 1/4 mile time of 15.5 sec "the 325 continues to get a good look at the Corrado's active rear spoiler"
1992 Motor Trend: 6.8
1993 Automobile: 6.8
1994 VW brochure: 6.8
1992 VW brochure: 6.8 (7.8 with the automatic)
I can't find it right now, but I believe Car & Driver got 6.4.
That being said, there are a million things about the two cars that I would consider more strongly than the 0-60 times. Some of those favor the SLC, some of them the BMW.

· Registered
500 Posts
Speed might be an important consideration for most people when buying cars, but IMO I would deffinatley go corrado. And that is not just because i might perhaps be biased because I own one. Think about it, Its a freaking CORRADO for petes sake! How many Corrados do you see compared to how many 325's you see on roads today. When buying a car, Speed is one thing but for me, exclusitivity and rareness are other options. I dont want to be another person driving a car that people see everyday. I like to be unique, drive something that people have to say, "what the heck was that!" Sometimes people will even damn near break their neck to catch a glimps of a corrado passing by. Almost like a Porsche in some regards. It is just something that you dont see everyday! Ya know? Not to mention that Corrados are not only rare, but pretty fast. Faster than a 325 at that.

Nolan.

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (slc92corrado)

Yea I know, thats part of the overall equation and handling is a big factor as well. My son had been thinking about a 325i or is for first car (and I'm big into BMWs) but I may be offered chance to buy a Corrado that needs a little TLC for a decent price. One thing I didn't know about was how they compare in acceleration. I'll drive both before I make a decision and it's in no hurry at this time.

· Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: What is the 0-60 time of a stock SLC? (CorradoSLC)

Thanks for this link: I've been looking for something like this that has a whole bunch of cars. I recognize that its from various magazines and results may vary, but it's a starting point for comparison.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.