VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best model/year to look for as a daily driver? Is a Jetta a good choice of a car to use to take on 200 mile trips every month and 1500 mile trips once a year? BTW, I want to stay around $5000 to 6000.

· Registered
2,158 Posts
Re: What is the best jetta 3 for a cheap daily driver? (busbiss)

If you are just looking for a daily driver then get a 2.0l GL. Just remember while VW's are fairly reliable they do have a lot of stupid little problems. Don't expect the same kind of reliablity you would get out of a Honda. As for year, just buy the newest, lowest mileage one you can afford.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: What is the best jetta 3 for a cheap daily driver? (Letsgopens13)

I know all about VW's reliabity issues and quarks. A 16v Scirocco was my first car and on this forum I shouldn't have to say more about that car for you to know. I have had a Golf as well, an 86, and the last draw for me with VWs was after my experience with an 88 Audi 5000. That was 3 years ago and I said I'd never look at another VW again...atleast not in my driveway. Anyways, I love to drive manuals and I need a daily drive right now...something inexpensive and reliable, yet something decent...I have been looking at Camrys Accords and 626s, but haven't found the right one yet, so I have decided to possibly expand my search to incude a Jetta 3, since they "seem" to not be "very" expensive and there seems to be alot of 5 speed manuals around.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.