VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Re: What is the best short shift kit out there? (CAPiTA)

In my experience, B&M makes the most sturdy shifters. I've seen and heard of a lot of other shifters breaking and although I'm sure there are broken B&Ms around the world, I bet they don't come close to outnumbering the other brands.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
there's no "best" short shift kit available. There are different options depending on your budget and eventually, you may have to experiment because some of them feel different. I am using an OEM Audi TT shifter which isn't as much of a reduction as some aftermarket kits but it's a nice feel. Plus I've cut down the stock shifter rod by about 1 1/2" which gives a more sporty feel. Other companies like Neuspeed and Dieselgeek offer their kits which are a little more expensive but offer more settings on throw reduction. If you don't have more dubbers in your area with whom you might be able to feel what they are running in their cars, you may have to try a kit and see how it feels and if you don't like it, try another.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.