VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Re: what is the cheapest but most efecive way to reduce wieght on your car? (Corrado4ME)

%75 of the weight savings you can do on your C is FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It just depends on how much creature comfort and drivability you want to sacrifice.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Re: what is the cheapest but most efecive way to reduce wieght on your car? (lilg60rkt)

Hit the GYM!

sorry, couldn't resist

·
Registered
582 Posts
Re: what is the cheapest but most efecive way to reduce wieght on your car? (Corrado4ME)

take your windshield out, remove your doors, remove all coolant and oil, that stuff is heavy! take the radiator and bumpers off also to remove overhanging weight.

·
Registered
16,521 Posts

·
Registered
13,009 Posts

Man, you ask a lot of questions for someone who doesn't even have a Corrado!
Brian

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: what is the cheapest but most efecive way to reduce wieght on your car? (ButchHusky)

i know i get on when i bored and thats most of the time

·
Registered
2,965 Posts

Your car is as light as they come !

I was just reading an article in european car from back in May 96' where one of the guys at RPI did up a 79' Rabbit with a VR6 out of an SLC. (there was also an 86' golf with a VR6 in the same article, but no weight is listed, probably closer to the Corrado weight)
The car had no back seat, light weight racing front seats (Momo's i think) and an elaborate roll bar install (but not a full cage). The car weighed in ready to roll at 1972 lbs

846 lbs lighter than the donor car !!!
So, how do you build a light corrado ? Swap the body for a Rabbit
(they re-enforced the chassis a lot, welding away on the front end before the engine went in).
I have been looking for a crashed G60 car to do a swap like this. Though a Golf is a little easier, the Rabbit is lighter and i like the body better.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Re: what is the cheapest but most efecive way to reduce wieght on your car? (YetiMan)

Damn bro, a member for 12 days and already 200 post? Ive been on for almost a year and a half with not even 1000 post, youll have me beat by the end of the month.
If you want a Corrado sooo bad, get off Vortex and get a job!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Re: what is the cheapest but most efecive way to reduce wieght on your car? (VR6RedRocket)

Cheapest easiest way? Throw that fat chick out of the passenger's seat!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Re: what is the cheapest but most efecive way to reduce wieght on your car? (Thompson)

Best way is to gut the car out throw everything away with the engine and put the car shell on a tricycle, and there you go, a man powerd corrado lighter than ever

1 - 14 of 14 Posts