VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found a 96 passat vr6 for my mk2 swap.... Is this engine too new? What is the cut-off year for when they went to distributorless? Let me know today because this guy wants to get rid of it.

·
Super Moderator
16,372 Posts
Re: What is the last year with distributor? (voltron1011)

They ended distributor quite early. anything that is 94 or newer is pretty much a coilpack system

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: What is the last year with distributor? (Mr King)

That will definitely put a damper on my swap plans... From what I have researched, it is best to stick to distributor cars...

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Re: What is the last year with distributor? (voltron1011)

Quote, originally posted by voltron1011 »
That will definitely put a damper on my swap plans... From what I have researched, it is best to stick to distributor cars...
just curious, how come??? im about to buy an A2 with a dist. corrado VR6... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Re: (cheebs)

Quote, originally posted by cheebs »
1993.5 was the last dizzy VR6.

In what car? I though it was sometime in 1992? are there 1993 corrados with a distro?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Re: (kevwithoutacorrado)

Quote, originally posted by kevwithoutacorrado »

In what car? I though it was sometime in 1992? are there 1993 corrados with a distro?

My '93 has a distributor.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: What is the last year with distributor? (GTIStile)

Quote, originally posted by GTIStile »
just curious, how come??? im about to buy an A2 with a dist. corrado VR6... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

From what I have research, swapping a vr6 distro engine into a CEC2 A2 is all plug & play.... While, doing a newer obd engine requires more extensive splicing into the wiring harnesses. Someone correct me if I am wrong, because all of my research is from Vortex...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts