VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a lot of talking about remote keys tonight, and it just reminded me I wanted to ask this question around. How far away does you remote key work?
Mine is pretty weak!
Oddly enough, I was in an underground parking today, and got out on the wrong floor, so I pressed the panic button to find the car, and it started honking one floor below (concrete ceilings!!!!) I was definitely shocked because on normal outside parking, I have to be within something like 3 meters for the key to work.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Re: What is the operational range of your remote key? (TRBO-GTI)

I like 10-15 feet maybe. I remember reading somewhere that it was upwards of 80... as if!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Re: What is the operational range of your remote key? (whitecastle)

I practically have to be inside the car for that damn thing to work. My range has never been more than 15 feet, but lately it is getting worse. Maybe it's time for a new battery, eh?

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
Re: What is the operational range of your remote key? (recklessvw)

Got me a Clifford Alarm...
Now I have an extra remote

But it works over 150ft http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
263 Posts
Re: What is the operational range of your remote key? (recklessvw)

quote:[HR][/HR]I practically have to be inside the car for that damn thing to work. My range has never been more than 15 feet, but lately it is getting worse. Maybe it's time for a new battery, eh?[HR][/HR]​
Anyone know what the battery life is on these keys?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Re: What is the operational range of your remote key? (VWThug)

quote:[HR][/HR]Anyone know what the battery life is on these keys?[HR][/HR]​
Depends on how often you press it's buttons.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Re: What is the operational range of your remote key? (TRBO-GTI)

Here's a trick....if it doesn't reach, hold the key up to the bottom of your chin, and try to unlock it again, it will extend your range

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Re: What is the operational range of your remote key? (TurboDave18t)

quote:[HR][/HR]Here's a trick....if it doesn't reach, hold the key up to the bottom of your chin, and try to unlock it again, it will extend your range
[HR][/HR]​
...and give you cancer!
I can vouch for this...works like a champ. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 9 of 9 Posts