VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some autox regions have a run group called PAX. I've never heard of this being a class, only a method of comparing times from differend classes. Would this be a "run only" group?

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Re: What is the PAX class? (slogtiguy)

I've never seen a class called "PAX", but I have seen PAX used in a couple different classes. Some regions have a novice class, where they use the PAX to score the novices in their own group. The Detroit Region has a "Pro" class, which also uses an index, just like the novice class only faster

·
Registered
18,206 Posts
Re: What is the PAX class? (gsrroger)

yeah, we run a pro class in NNJR -- all of the pros run in their own class here and it's pax'd to compute standings...

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: What is the PAX class? (John A)

After asking around a bit I've discovered my answer! The PAX class (at least in the CalClub autox's) is a class that only competes with others that choose to have their times computed by the PAX index. The biggest advantage I could see in running this class is if the run time for it is more convenient for you, and you weren't too hardcore competitive in your normal class. For instance, I drive 3+ hours to any autox I go to, so if I'm going to drive up the morning of, I would rather run in the afternoon than in the morning run groups. Also, I don't normally compete annually for points, so I'm not too concered about running a different class. Anyways, just thought I'd enlighten my own post.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Re: What is the PAX class? (slogtiguy)

PAX is basically a handicaping system used to compute times of cars that race against each other, but are in different car classes....for example, my car club has as category called TIRE (street tire)..the folks in this category are all in different stock classes, but they have to race on dot street tires. at the end of the day, their times are multiplied by their PAX and compaired against each other.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts