VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, there I hope you all doing well. I just wanted to know what is the purpose of those two holes... I'll rather close them just to avoid additional wind and engine noise if there no purpose for them...

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Trunk

Hood Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

Also, hole for draining water is actually not, because here you can see the little hole that takes all the water from the outside...
Vehicle Car Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Btw I'll close the hole marked with X and that will make less noise definitely,but there is a general issue in my case with wind above 110KMH and I'm still trying to find some solution that is solving this problem :)

Thank you everyone,
Djordje

·
Registered
68 Posts
You could carefully spray some great-stuff expanding foam in those holes, it will insulate, seal and sound deaden. Messy stuff so be careful when applying.

The inner cowl panels have sound bat insulation on them which deteriorates from all the debris passing through the outer windshield cowl. Check my build where I solved that with a gutter guard and zip ties. I put some insulating mat from home depot in place of the sound bats...no improvement over the deteriorated sound bats now lacking. I wanna go back an add some additional noise reduction. I also wonder if a dash carpet mat will help which has dual purpose to cover the sticky dash syndrome.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts