VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (xbinoochx)

Quote, originally posted by xbinoochx »
yes it comes apart. it is in the bag with the bearing. dont forget to pack those w/ grease real good.

Ya i will, it came with grease and i bought some. what should i use? I got some crazy german lube that i cant read, but was reocmmended by GAP. It's called LIQUI MOLY PROFI LM 47 MoS2-Lanzeitfett.
_dan

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Re: (xbinoochx)

Quote, originally posted by xbinoochx »
yes it comes apart. it is in the bag with the bearing. dont forget to pack those w/ grease real good.

yeah for sure. there is a trick to it. put a good amount in the palm of your hand. push down and out with the bearing in the other hand going around the entire bearing. Do this until you start to see grease come out the other end.
Good luck. Have fun doesnt take that long really.

·
Registered
15,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (Danthe97VWGolf4DrMan)

Quote, originally posted by Danthe97VWGolf4DrMan »

Ya i will, it came with grease and i bought some. what should i use? I got some crazy german lube that i cant read, but was reocmmended by GAP. It's called LIQUI MOLY PROFI LM 47 MoS2-Lanzeitfett.
_dan

Please answer my question.....whoops
nevermind, thanks.

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
the wheel bearings are so easy to do it's crazy, just rememe how you took the car apart and you should be fine. Oh the races are the metal rings that the bearing sits in. You have to tap them into the rotor then pack the bearing with grease and install, I see you're in naperville I may be able to come help depending on when you do them!

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Re: (ahardwicke)

Quote, originally posted by ahardwicke »
You have to tap them into the rotor then pack the bearing with grease and install

When i did mine the race was still on the rotors when i took them off.
I guess you could heat them and take them out or just tap them out with a screwdriver and hammer.
I just thought they were part of the rotor until i figured out i was missing the race washer in my new rotors.
Then i got the old rotors, took another look and then figured it out. Took me a set of bearings to learn but whatever, live and learn.
Are you upgrading your rotors or just replacing the rear wheel bearings?

Modified by ihatecarinsurance at 8:03 PM 6-21-2005

Modified by ihatecarinsurance at 8:04 PM 6-21-2005

Modified by ihatecarinsurance at 8:06 PM 6-21-2005

·
Registered
15,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (ihatecarinsurance)

Quote, originally posted by ihatecarinsurance »

When i did mine the race was still on the rotors when i took them off.
I guess you could heat them and take them out or just tap them out with a screwdriver and hammer.
I just thought they were part of the rotor until i figured out i was missing the race washer in my new rotors.
Then i got the old rotors, took another look and then figured it out. Took me a set of bearings to learn but whatever, live and learn.
Are you upgrading your rotors or just replacing the rear wheel bearings?

Modified by ihatecarinsurance at 8:03 PM 6-21-2005

Modified by ihatecarinsurance at 8:04 PM 6-21-2005

Modified by ihatecarinsurance at 8:06 PM 6-21-2005

Replacing.
My car goes Wah wah wah wah wah wah wah..well, you get the picture.
_dan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.