• Slap on the wrist

• Watching crash compilations on Youtube

• We should all go back to riding horses

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Unless you work from home, you see crappy behavior on the road every day. For those of you that work from home, this will just reaffirm how much fun you're missing out on.
Brake checkers, people speeding up once you try to pass, left lane campers, we've seen it all. What are some of your experiences, what grinds your gears? Vent it all here at the TCL therapy couch.
Wood Rectangle Hardwood Varnish Wood stain

Recently posted in the Speed Limit thread by @Stevo12

Discuss

·
Registered
2012 X5 35d, 2012 Golf 2.5
4,047 Posts
Two hotheads brake checking and egging each other on the highway in wet conditions. One tried a "fake" swipe at the other idiot which sent him into a tailspin and he ended up crashing into the Jersey barrier and totalling his 15 year old Chevy Cavalier. Idiot. All this for ego. I was so pissed off at their dumbass behaviour (especially given the fact that one almost hit an innocent driver) that I turned back around and told the cops that this was due to road rage, not just "losing control" as the one driver tried to convince the officers of.

One was more recent, had some recent snow removal operations here in the city which had some lanes blocked off on one side of an arterial road. I was attempting to turn right onto said arterial road, and in doing so entered the "operations zone" where the snow plows were working, even if there was an actual pathway made with cones to direct cars into side streets. I temporarily blocked a plow from continuing while I was waiting for a break in traffic to make my turn, and while I passed him I heard him calling me a "****ing idiot" for reasons I'm still not sure of. I was honestly just tired and sick of everything in general so in a moment I'm not proud of I turned around and asked him what he said, to which he just played dumb, even if I heard him, even if he was looking right at me when saying it. Whatever, I was the idiot in this situation but the general nastiness of the world today just sucks.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Idiots driving around with high beams on all the time.
I sometimes give people the benefit of the doubt that LED low beams on modern cars are just super bright. But it really pisses me off when you see like a 2001 Sentra or brodozer with HID's that blind everyone. More points for purple tinted headlights

·
Registered
832 Posts
Unless you work from home, you see crappy behavior on the road every day. For those of you that work from home, this will just reaffirm how much fun you're missing out on.
Brake checkers, people speeding up once you try to pass, left lane campers, we've seen it all. What are some of your experiences, what grinds your gears? Vent it all here at the TCL therapy couch.
View attachment 151852

Recently posted in the Speed Limit thread by @Stevo12

Discuss
Come to NJ & NY. They should call in the Delta Force or Force Recon Marines. Shut down these driving schools. Let me run NJ MVC! Spike strips on all major roads.

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
Watched an old couple inadvertently cut off a teenager in a Civic. This enraged the teenager so much, that he tried to run the old couple off the road. He aggressively swerved into the lane of the old couple multiple times, coming within inches of hitting their car. Eventually the old couple pulled over to the side, and the Civic sped off.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Ascent & 2022 Ford F150 (ordered)
4,057 Posts
For me it's not big glaring scenes but just tons of instances fundamentals lacking. No turn signals, tailgating, swinging left for right hand turns like semi trucks, impatience, speeding, etc.

·
Premium Member
'08 Saab 9-3, '66 Vespa
9,052 Posts
I had a Dodge Ram dually with truck nuts cut me off super aggressively and then throw an aluminum can out the window at me. I'm pretty sure if they did a study of people who drive with severe personality disorders, the Ram dually would be proportionately high amongst that group.

I also saw a little old lady in a Subaru aggressively cutting people off and swerving between lanes, waving her fully extended middle finger out the driver's window.

·
Registered
A chili pepper and an empty crate.
8,696 Posts
Rudest thing? I was stopped at a red light for at least 5 seconds when someone rear-ended me. I got out to check for damage and the driver that hit me yelled at me for looking. Fortunately it was wet and I was in a small car, it actually just slid forward a few inches instead of going crunch.

·
Registered
E46 330ci coupe
11,604 Posts
Tailgating.

Running late and being impatient is no excuse - keep your distance*

..and not that bull*** distance you think is appropriate. If you're not sure of what a safe following distance is, look it up in your state's drivers' handbook.
I've actually started to back off people in a massive way. Maybe I'm getting older, or maybe it's because I'm always recording myself but...I'm definitely following way farther behind than I ever have in the past.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Waiting until the last minute to get over for your exit and cutting off a string of vehicles in the slow lane instead of slowing and moving into the wide open gap a few cars back.
People will floor it, pass you, and cut you off to get in your lane to merge, even when they were behind you there was nobody next to them preventing them from merging over. Just had to get in front of you before merging off.

·
Registered
2012 X5 35d, 2012 Golf 2.5
4,047 Posts
Waiting until the last minute to get over for your exit and cutting off a string of vehicles in the slow lane instead of slowing and moving into the wide open gap a few cars back.
This, so much this. Absolute morons who are almost always camping in the left lane anyway, dart across four lanes to make their exit because of course they cannot fathom being inconvenienced 5 minutes for a detour due to their own stupidity and inattention, much better to risk everyone else's safety.

·
Registered
22,229 Posts
Slowly pulling out from a side street or business onto a mostly empty surface street with 45 MPH speed limit and not getting on it. The worst offenders swing wide over into the left lane, then quickly cut it back over into the right lane, just as the approaching car has changed lanes to not have to stand on the brakes. Then they slam on the brakes and bust the first right turn without signaling.

That is my #1 pet peeve, especially if it is totally clear behind me

1 - 20 of 148 Posts