VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what this is? Is it a fule pump of some kind? Its located right behing the gas tank on the right side of the car. There are two pipes coming out of it on the front. Whatever it is it needs replacing as you can see by the seeping.

Modified by 66Cooper at 10:21 AM 5-16-2007

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: What is this? Fuel part (WhtRabbitJoe77)

If it is, what does it do and where can I find a new one. Do you need any other pix?
There is gas in the tank and the car runs (sat for 4 years) and it doesnt seem to be dripping, just wet. Want to get rid of it before it get bad.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: What is this? Fuel part (beardhare)

Yep, it does look a bit like a shot from the Titanic. I just found out it was a Canadian car.
So, what does this do? Its not in my book. Used to working on classic cars with only a pump and filter

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Re: (beardhare)

yeah, i'm pretty sure you could go with or without it, though it is also suppoedly good for mainting constant fuel pressure when the pump gets a little lumpy, as the baffles should even the flow. You can probably find a used one for pretty cheap.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Re: (metrotomo)

if you are going with a diggy fuel setup it won't be necessary.
i did an ABA swap on my rabbit that was diesel and didn't install it. the only downside is initial startup.
the CIS pump won't maintain pressure in the line once the car is turned off. so i have to cycle the key a couple of times to build up pressure (if i don't feel like cranking on it for a bit longer).
i am going to take the ground signal wire from the ecu for the fuel pump relay and ground it out so that when i turn the key to the on position the pump starts to run instead of that "on off" that it does when you cycle the key. this should give me pressure in the line faster to enable me to start right up without cycling the key

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.