VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the pics: (sorry they are for a 95 VR6)

The first one is a wide shot of it. Whats circled is where it attaches to and you find it right below the expansion tank. The second is a close up of it with part numbera and all.
The reason I ask is because my car wound turn on, and it happened all of the sudden. I turn the key and nothing happens. I took out the starter today and had it checked at autozone and everything worked fine. I put in a different battery and nothing. So I figure the prob. is somewhere between the switch and the starter. When I turn the key my dash lights and everything turns on normal, so I'm not to sure if the probelm could lie within the ignition switch.
Any ideas, thoughts, or opinions of what it could be? I started to follow the wires that come from the starter and they led to the above pics, but don't know what it is called and couldn't find it in the bentley.
Please help me I'm
. I need one of these

[Modified by 91Carat1319, 7:26 PM 3-19-2003]

·
Registered
796 Posts
Re: What is this part called? (Jon D)

Could be the switch on your clutch pedel. Or if its an auto the switch on the trans (the one that tells it its in park).
Could be a lots of stuff, but I would think those would be the esiest to check.
"info on making her run, not what the part is"

Good luck.

[Modified by Spinpsycle_tv225, 2:00 AM 3-20-2003]

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: What is this part called? (Spinpsycle_tv225)

Damn 2 diff. responses, great

As for the clutch pedal thing the bentley says only 96+ has that type of safety switch where you have to press the clutch in order of it to run.

[Modified by 91Carat1319, 8:06 PM 3-19-2003]

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Re: What is this part called? (Spinpsycle_tv225)

quote:[HR][/HR]Could be the switch on your clutch pedel. Or if its an auto the switch on the trans (the one that tells it its in park).
Could be a lots of stuff, but I would think those would be the esiest to check.
"info on making her run, not what the part is"

Good luck.

[Modified by Spinpsycle_tv225, 2:00 AM 3-20-2003][HR][/HR]​
not the cluch at all its for the fans

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.