VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, in the lower, driver's side grille, below the headlight, (One of 3, where you stick foglights in if you have a VR6 or 2.0) What is the little peice that is part of the bumper that looks like you mount something there? I noticed that grille is actually sealed, which is kind of strange, as the other side isn't... Although the intercooler is on that side, so maybe thats why... But anyway, anyone know what that is? It's only on that side, not on the passenger side grille...
(Sorry, no digicam or scanner, so no piccies...)

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: What is this? (I_Fly_GTi)

Yup, that's exactly what I was talking about... So what's the temp sensor for? Is there just a guage in the cabin of the GLX? Or is it for something different? Oh well, either way, I can't use it.
(But I will not have this bumper for too much longer anyway, Dietrich RS-4 on the way!)

Hey I_Fly, when's the next get-together? (OK, a little off topic. Lock me. :p )

·
25,560 Posts
Re: What is this? (JettaTDIGuy)

yeah its exactly what ukaussi said, the exterior temp sensor mounting point for the GLX MFA. It's what causes the BING that scares the poop out of me every time it gets below 40 degrees.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.