VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 40 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
'12 Mustang GT | '86 RX-7 | '20 Ninja 400
9,927 Posts
Another thread is aghast at grabbing money from your 401k to buy a car (as we should) but lets you want to say "Fudge it!". What is your realistic YOLO car? Throwing caution to the wind this weekend, what are you buying by cashing out your savings, grabbing HELOCs, and going nuts. Your partner might kill ya, but YOLO you know?

For me, it would be the manual V10 Audi R8 because I'm here for a good time, not a long time.
That's a funny looking Tesla. :LOL:

I have always wanted one of these:

It may still be in the cards, but the grey hairs are multiplying daily and values are going up all day long.

·
Registered
SR71 C30 T53a/b/b A4
25,783 Posts
I YOLOed five years ago. Rust free C3 kept in a dry garage from day one. Unfortunately all the mechanics are pretty much worn out, so it's been stored in a dry/heated garage since. I'm fixing my current garage, so hopefully I can bring it in by the end of this comming summer and resto-mod the shizzz out of it.

Reactions: JMURiz

·
Premium Member
6,371 Posts
Being 30 my 401K isn't too hefty yet. But let's say I drained everything, said screw it and cut down 4 $100+ dinner tabs a month, I'd be in whatever CPO 911 at Champion or West Broward Porsche that fits my liking. This being a plausible YOLO.

Truthfully though, the M4 was already a YOLO but I could afford it. I don't plan to get rid of it till she's paid off, I've leased a daily, set the M4 aside for second duties and can afford the 992 I want, preferably a Targa GTS.

Reactions: lowlight

·
Premium Member
18,755 Posts
It changes weekly.

On the list - 1gen NSX, DeLorean, S13 Silvia, CoPart BRZ to track prep, Autozam AZ-1.....

BRZ was my realistic YOLO and I'm trying to make the most of it. It's heaven for the most part.

·
Registered
2020 Civic Type R, 2014.5 Mazda CX-5 GT, 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 5.3 (work)
2,187 Posts
GT car in an extremely obnoxious color.

Reactions: Jimmy Russells

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I YOLO'd and bought a '21 Camao LT1 6-speed. 30K for 455hp and all that Alpha Platform goodness. As you may have read in the LT1 thread Cylinder 5 decided it only wanted to live a 255 mile life :rolleyes:(n) most likely due to the Valve spring issue that I was too stupid to compare the cars build date against the TSB. I guess you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
982, F22, E88, etc.
5,782 Posts
mine would have to be a 997 gt3
This is high on my list too. At a track day I got to ride with the owner in a brand new '07 in white at Watkins Glen once. I'll never ever forget that. I spent literally hundreds of hours driving one in Forza after that.

Crazy thing is with 12 years of progress I think my Cayman is actually faster in most metrics. Doesn't matter, as much as I love it it's not even close to as desirable.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Flyin Miata converted ND Miata w/ 525hp LS3 crate engine. Full electronic function, air conditioning, etc. That much power in that small of a car with sub 2500 lb. curb weight is pretty insane.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
It changes weekly.

On the list - 1gen NSX, DeLorean, S13 Silvia, CoPart BRZ to track prep, Autozam AZ-1.....

BRZ was my realistic YOLO and I'm trying to make the most of it. It's heaven for the most part.
Surprisingly, the BRZ is up there for me too. Even as a die hard Ford/Mustang guy, my two "attainable dream cars" slash weekend cars right now are C5 and BRZ.

Simple, light, back road carvers. Two very different ways to cut the same cake, too. C5 is obviously priority one because merica and bald eagles.

·
Registered
2019 Cannondale SuperX
3,423 Posts
As a YOLO move, I'd spend a stupid amount of money modding a nearly worthless car. The first thing that comes to mind is to take an E46 wagon and have the E60 M5 V10 swapped into it along with the E90 M3 steering and transmission, M3 cloth interior, some stupid expensive Penske-esque coilovers, a bunch of custom aluminum/titanium/carbon parts all over, and a full high end daytona violet paint job.

It would largely look like a plain purple wagon on the outside (no wings/spoilers/vents or exposed carbon, and 17" wheels at stock ride height), nothing super special, but it would have a 500 hp V10 and well over $100k "invested" in it.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Already YOLO’d with my S2000, back when I made like $48k a year and bought a $23k S2000 to chew through tires with and had no garage.

Today it would probably be a 911; go spend $50-60k and cringe every service visit or warning light. I could make it work, but it would be painful and I’d have to skip a lot of other fun things we do now. It would even be a moderately reasonable purchase if I was willing to sell the S2k to fund about a third of it, but nah.

8 more years and my older kid gets her own car and I can get a second 2-seater for myself. Until thenI have to have at least one 4-seat car (plus wife’s SUV)

·
Super Moderator
6,997 Posts
That's a funny looking Tesla. :LOL:

I have always wanted one of these:

It may still be in the cards, but the grey hairs are multiplying daily and values are going up all day long.

You beat me to it. 550 Maranello, with the gated shifter that goes clackity clack when you row the gears, please.

i was just at a shop that specializes in some of these things...

This is Pozzi Blue (my favorite, a non metallic dark blue) with the Bordeux red interior, so I have not just the model, but the specific example in mind of the “worth a stretch” car.

I’ll more likely than not wind up with an air cooled 911 at some point, since those are reasonable, but the Ferrari here is perfect if possible.

21 - 40 of 124 Posts