VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

121 - 124 of 124 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,371 Posts
Thanks for the insight and the reminder about that curve of diminishing returns. I drool over whatever $150k+ car I see that week and imagine myself in it but would I be 5x as happy as my 981 or 10x as happy as my s2000? Prob not. As Spring approaches I really need to remind myself of this concerning new boats :p
Similar line of thought for me, now having my M4 and having driven a 992 911S around Homestead's inner track a few months ago, I have no desire for anything beyond these cars. The 992 is faster (I'm assuming because I haven't checked numbers), but not soo much so that it's in an entirely different league, but the experience is different and better (IMO). Anything beyond the S, would be a choice of options, but the power is not enticing. I don't need a Turbo or GT car. If I had money for a Ferrari I'm buying a convertible with the engine up front to enjoy because I don't need a mid-engine race car for the road. Once you start talking over 400hp in a driver oriented car, I've come to the personal realization that its the experience offered (everything from dealership and people, to actual driving) that matters, I don't care how fast it goes because it's already fast enough.

Reactions: westopher

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I don't think I could ever do it. I am not and have never been a YOLO type of person. I've always been one to plan well into the future. 4 of my siblings are similar and the other 6 tend to be impulse buyers. It's an odd combo for a large family and I am #7 out of 12.

121 - 124 of 124 Posts