VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everytime I see a LeMans race, I notice that the lights are a bright yellow making me believe (probably incorrectly) that they are not HID's or some variation. However, I do not know what kind of lighting they use, the light seems too yellow to be HID in nature. Anyone know? Cullen?
Gopal

·
Registered
33,032 Posts
Re: What kind of lighting is on the LeMans cars? (CorradoGuy)

quote:[HR][/HR]Everytime I see a LeMans race, I notice that the lights are a bright yellow making me believe (probably incorrectly) that they are not HID's or some variation. However, I do not know what kind of lighting they use, the light seems too yellow to be HID in nature. Anyone know? Cullen?
Gopal[HR][/HR]​
Well I have to confess I do not know much about this yellow stuff, but I can tell you this much that the plug-n-play HID kits I have been refering to here on the net are produced by a company closely working with LeMans racing and they DO make HID lighting for HID applications in Germany, that about all I know about it.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Re: What kind of lighting is on the LeMans cars? (CorradoGuy)

Hella made the Amber HID Le Mans lamps for the C5 corvette, and from my understanding they are HIDs w/ an amber lens to reduce glare. Not a bad idea. I have been looking for covers or maybe a headlamp protector tape that is amber to duplicate this w/o buying French lenses. (which are no longer amber)

·
Registered
33,032 Posts
Re: What kind of lighting is on the LeMans cars? (HIDGolf)

quote:[HR][/HR]well France no longer requires amber low beams. You cant buy amber Golf IV lenses that I know of. [HR][/HR]​
I don't think there where Golf III amber ones either?

·
Registered
33,032 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]i know there where French Corrado lamps, but I thought I saw a pic of a guy w/ a 94GTi w/ amber lenses, but I could be wrong[HR][/HR]​
Corrado and Rallye lights yes, but Golf III I haven't seen?

·
Registered
15,575 Posts

You could get Mk3 fogs that had the amber lense....

Sean

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Re: What kind of lighting is on the LeMans cars? (Cullen)

how much cullen? I know Rallye Golfs are getting rare. It maybe a good investment. whould these be just the lenses or the lens and the housing attached? Or do I just heat up the housings and let the adhesive melt and pull them off?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.