VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to figure out what I need to save my money for....a VR6 swap or G60. I figured I's come here and see what kind of numbers you guys are getting out of your G60s. So please post up.......and if you got time post up what all is done to your G60s.

For you all that have had or driven both (VR6 and G60) what are your likes and dislikes. Which one do you prefer?
TIA

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought about that but I figured I'd post here since I was already here.......Thanks thought.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Re: What kind of #'s are you G60 guys getting? (dub_tek)

Stick with the stock engine. its not about numbers its about a pain in the @$$ for the vr6 youll need new wireing harnesses (which are not cheep at all), ajust the motomounts and then move onto suspension cause your suspension wont handle that kind of weight on a turn. i know a friend who did a vr6 conversion on his g60 and it is sweet. the engine is lower then normal and it is in a better position. but hes spend over 2.5k in mechanic work just to install the engine and modify the wiring harnesses to make it work. youll need a really smart mechanic, whos done something simular before. money spent to do the vr6 swap will be well over 5k due to suspension. but why do that when you can dump 3k on a new charger for the G60 and then smaller pulleys your already passed the STOCK horsepower of the vr6 which is like 172, where stock g60 is 154 or something like that. Stick with the G60 and place the intercooler in a more efficent spot and youll be surprised how much faster it is.
p.s. G60 is a lighter front end = easier to balance the car out

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Re: What kind of #'s are you G60 guys getting? (Racing Syndicate)

I think it was GTRTim that said "who cares what kind of numbers you make, it only matters what you can put on the scoreboard that matters"

·
Registered
6,882 Posts
Re: What kind of #'s are you G60 guys getting? (IMNOBUG)

Forced induction is easier to mod and has bigger power gain. VR6 will get u alot of power out of the box, but it's kinda more static when you wanna push more power...unless u add a turbo or sc. If you're swapping into your GTI, the G60 will be bolt on...it will run with your 8v tranny. YOu will jsut need to swap in the digi1 wiring and ecu. Once you have this, go turbo...you will surpass a VR6 easily.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts