VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, need some new meats for my car. Looking for 195/50R15's (thinking about going with 195/45R15) in a mild performance tire. I would like something that has decent treadwear but not hard as a rock. I want my VR6 to be able to hook up. What do you guys recommend? Where should I buy for the best deals?

·
Premium Member
35,022 Posts
Re: What kind of tire to buy? Where from? (lowblackdub)

falken azenis! noisy, but kick-ass stickies for cheap $.
~spoonie
ps. don't buy the 712' kumho's no matter what anyone tells you. you wont be happy.

·
Premium Member
35,022 Posts
Re: What kind of tire to buy? Where from? (VWguy)

i can 2nd those. soft sidewall, but amazing stick on the t1-s.
i had them before, and they cost a bundle. (3 years ago)
~spoonie

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Re: What kind of tire to buy? Where from? (damdam)

T1S the way to go http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Have it on both my GTI and Jetta.
Gary

·
Registered
4,566 Posts
Re: What kind of tire to buy? Where from? (garyw)

contact wheel and tire zone.
905 624 1577

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Re: What kind of tire to buy? Where from? (garyw)

Quote, originally posted by garyw »
I thought the Falken Azenis are only for dry?

They grip better in wet, then the OEM tires grip in dry...if that means anything. I was worried at first, some people said that because of their design they may hydroplane a lot during the rain, but thats just not true. I remember driving through two really heavy storms this summer with a ****load of water on the roads, and these things gripped really well.

·
Registered
9,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: What kind of tire to buy? Where from? (icuravwnut2)

Are the Falkens cheaper than the Kuhmo ECSTA Supra 712s? I don't wanna spend a whole lotta dough here and I don't plan on autocrossing the car. Unlike a lot of you, treadwear means something to me

·
Premium Member
35,022 Posts
Re: What kind of tire to buy? Where from? (lowblackdub)

honestly, the 712's are junk. all i heard was praise about them until i owned a set. they're ****. save your money - i believe the azenis are cheaper or around the same price.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Re: What kind of tire to buy? Where from? (spoonie)

i have to disagree with you there spoonie... they do need a little warming up on dry pavement but daily normal use they are a great tire... plus wet performance is very good... and they are not very noisy either... quite a good buy if you ask me..
Quote, originally posted by spoonie »
honestly, the 712's are junk. all i heard was praise about them until i owned a set. they're ****. save your money - i believe the azenis are cheaper or around the same price.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.