VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two more guage spots to fill and I would like one of them to monitor my intake temps.
I figure I can either get an air temp guage, or a water temp guage(wtih like 50-200 degrees F range)
but I have no clue which would be better / more cost effective or where to get em?
lil help please...

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Re: What kinda guage to monitor intake temps with air to water? (Iceman666)

well if you were running SDS i owuld say just look at the controller since we al lhere run it liek 12" before the TB ,
i persoanlly wouldnt get a water temp gauge, the scale seems to big, me with an FMIC only get liek 35 in dead ass cold winter an dlike 60 in the fall and liek 80 right now , those are what they average at, so i would say find something that the scale isnt more than liek 100 degrees

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Re: (teknik)

why would you even botehr to measure before and after temps? water ic as it is is way way more effieicent, to me that would just be a waste of a gauge, just use one air temp gauge right before the TB, and get somehting else ot cover the hole

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: (D Wiz)

If i wanted to see my change in air temp i can hit up radioshack for a $20 dual temp sensor LCD thing(might do anyway and compare with some of the other guys)
but i still need to know where to get one that will match the rest of my autometer guages(silver face) and have the right temp range

·
Banned
4,627 Posts
Re: (Iceman666)

Quote, originally posted by Iceman666 »
If i wanted to see my change in air temp i can hit up radioshack for a $20 dual temp sensor LCD thing(might do anyway and compare with some of the other guys)

EEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Try again, radio shack dual temps themometer only has onr probe not two, the other is within the housing it self. So the only thing you can obtain is outside temp and intake charge temp
trust me I tried it.

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: What kinda guage to monitor intake temps with air to water? (PhOO)

sweet they actually do have a guage!...Never found the 60-210 guage...kick ass
now then, is this gonna give me a good idea of intake temps or should i go with an air temp guage?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts