VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a corrado 2.0 16v Manual and I’m not really sure where to get an lsd or what lsd I should use the trans is original and I’m rebuilding the engine.
Any help is appreciated,thanks.

·
Registered
8,276 Posts
Which transmission?

Even within manufacturers there are different models for different transmissions.

You can research types of Limited Slip Differentials to see which sounds more like what you'd like.

I would prefer Planetary Gear just because I don't think it would need as much service as a clutch based diferential.

As far as I know, Quaife was the first. They are the first I heard of anyway.

·
Registered
614 Posts
I like a clutch type differential but they wear and it's more maintenance.
RACING Differentials : USRT, Usually Sideways Rally Team (usrallyteam.com)
I bought Peloquin because he has the strongest track record for quality, the best warranty, the best value, and the happiest customers.
If you want something with a little more technology in it, you can consider Wavetrac. They have had more quality issues but not enough to rule them completely out.
If someone made a Torsen style differential for VW, I may have bought that.

·
Registered
Orig owner 90 g60, 02 allroad 6SP M w/ 3rd Row, 07 3X White NB Vert, 09 Escalade ESV Plat to tow em
8,182 Posts
More dog pics! Peloquin is the favored and most popular by the crew I run with. Quaife is no longer distributed by Autotech Stateside as they have their own wavetrac product.

All three work well but the only personal feedback I’ve had is on the Peloquin’s over the Quaife LSD. A matey who owned a g60 said hands down Peloquin. That Eurospec 6SP box it was installed in is still staring at my g60 waiting for a transplant.

All Corrado got cable shift 02A box regardless of the power plant BTW. I’d go with whoever is local to install and service it as you only want to do the install once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.