VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
my 16 golf has just shy of 42k miles. other than early shifter replacement and then again a switch in the shifter for a recall for the same issue and the sunroof recall zero issues. about 10k on APR's tune.

my wife's 15 Passat has only had recall work done on it and zero issue.

both vehicles just get their regular maintenance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My 18 Alltrack with the DSG has just over 5K miles since we bought it last August. Needless to say we don't drive much, both retired now. Our longest commute for work was only 12mi/day. The only repair we had was a leaking oil filter, otherwise we're golden.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
238 Posts
So this fellow is using 0w20 Walmart Supertech oil . Fresh I'm not surprised he is getting the MPG he claims ,because I'm getting 38 for the last 3 months mainly city driving using a VW approved 502 oil . His engine will be junk by 75k .

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
So this fellow is using 0w20 Walmart Supertech oil . Fresh I'm not surprised he is getting the MPG he claims ,because I'm getting 38 for the last 3 months mainly city driving using a VW approved 502 oil . His engine will be junk by 75k .
pffft, that dude's also running Hyper-Lube[SUP]tm[/SUP], he's gonna be mint for million miles easy!

·
Registered
34 Posts
195K miles now. Just put my second set of spark plugs in at 190K because of a limp mode and spark knock issue I was having in hot weather. Still going into limp mode (EPC light) and getting codes (OBDeleven) for knock threshold reached on multiple cylinders (usually #3 or #4). Only happens in very hot and humid weather, at low rpm, while inching in bad traffic. Happens much less often if I run 93 octane. Only major issue I've had with my 1.8 in the almost 200K miles I've had it !

·
Registered
238 Posts
pffft, that dude's also running Hyper-Lube[SUP]tm[/SUP], he's gonna be mint for million miles easy!
Yeah ok . lol hyperlube secret hillbilly sauce .

·
Registered
9 Posts
2014 1.8T Jetta

78k miles apr stage 1 since 40k miles. No issues except an oil leak found in cylinder 1,2 when I was gaping my spark plugs. I am about to take valve cover and do a reseal. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
238 Posts
78k miles apr stage 1 since 40k miles. No issues except an oil leak found in cylinder 1,2 when I was gaping my spark plugs. I am about to take valve cover and do a reseal. What do you guys think?

I'd personally say that's the most worn plug I have ever seen . I find it hard to believe that your car could even go down the road with it .

·
Registered
97 Posts
2017 1.8L Passat TSI turbo Engine ID CPR 55,000 miles. All good. Respectable gas mileage. Engine runs strong. In northeast. No problems with moon roof or its drains but which in my two decades of experience with VW's is their and our nightmare.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mileage

I'm at about 210K miles now on my 2014 Jetta SE 1.8T

Oil changes regularly between 5K and 8K miles.
Spark plugs changed twice.

Only issue that has developed is a Turbo Underboost code, which only presents itself when its cold outside (below 35*F) Warmer than that and it boosts normally with no problem. Monitoring the live data from OBDeleven, the requested boost is only few PSI off from the requested boost, and builds slowly. Only in cold weather though. When it's warmer out, it builds boost and holds it at the requested level no problem. This issue only started this winter, when the car reached 200K miles. It's probably the wastegate flapper wearing out on the turbo. I'll continue to run it as is until it gets worse though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm at about 210K miles now on my 2014 Jetta SE 1.8T

Oil changes regularly between 5K and 8K miles.
Spark plugs changed twice.

Only issue that has developed is a Turbo Underboost code, which only presents itself when its cold outside (below 35*F) Warmer than that and it boosts normally with no problem. Monitoring the live data from OBDeleven, the requested boost is only few PSI off from the requested boost, and builds slowly. Only in cold weather though. When it's warmer out, it builds boost and holds it at the requested level no problem. This issue only started this winter, when the car reached 200K miles. It's probably the wastegate flapper wearing out on the turbo. I'll continue to run it as is until it gets worse though.
How is your suspension holding up? I'm at 90k and have cupping on my tires. Some say it's due to worn struts/shocks.

·
Registered
325 Posts
1.8T 5MT Jetta

94,500 Miles. Bought CPO at 36,500.

Have done oil changes every 10K

Haven't done spark plugs

JB4 tuned since 49K

Stock everything other than air filter, shocks, springs.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Purchased on Sept, 2015
40K miles as of yesterday with 0 issues so far.
Oil changes every 5K miles ST 0W-20 HM and WIX WL10024 oil filter.
Only mods, VWR springs, dog bone and Afe Dry air filter.
Average MPG Extended period 47.3 MPG on 87 clear gas from Maverik.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm at 165000km right now on my 2015 ( bought new in March 2016) Highline 1.8 5spd. Neuspeed module, H&R springs since new. I added other mods since.

I had to change a front bearing at 159000km before making a Québec - Florida - Québec road trip with the wife and kids. Other than that, perfect.

·
Registered
34 Posts
How is your suspension holding up? I'm at 90k and have cupping on my tires. Some say it's due to worn struts/shocks.
I've replaced one rear wheel bearing (at like 150K-ish I think). Other than that, no known issues. I have noticed the last few months that the ride is a little soft and borderline unstable in hard turns, but I have my steelies with plus-sized snow tires on right now (205/60/16 vs the oem size 205/55/16). So I'm not really sure if what I'm feeling is from the beefier tire sidewall flexing more, or if I need struts and shocks. I wouldn't be surprised if I did. I'll know in a week or two when I switch back to my non-winter wheels and tires.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hi guys first post: :wave:

I just hit 60k and found some oil on the #1 plug. Should I be concerned? I replaced all 4 and she runs fine.

Also I never used any additives in my gasoline until now I use Techron. Will this help with the carbon buildup related to the direct injection system?

Nice to hear all these good mileage numbers with minimal issues. Love the 1.8 can't imagine a 1.4 in my car. I'm looking at neuspeed in line ECU override if anyone has opinions would love to hear..

Thanks

·
Registered
118 Posts
2015 Passat Limited just completed 100k commuting miles with no faults yet.
Just regular oil changes every 6k miles & un-needed spartk plug replacement @ 50k miles.
Rear torque mount isolation bushing tearing & will need to be replaced soon.

·
Registered
552 Posts
2016 Jetta sport 1.8T 5spd, 91k miles, driver side transmission output seal needs replaced. Waiting on the part to show up, suspension feels a bit worn, otherwise holding up well.

Has anyone had any timing chain issues yet?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Lots of miles, still running strong

91k miles on a 2017 SEL, 10k Mobil 1 oil changes, everything works and I typically see at least 35 mpg. No complaints.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts