VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What mods are needed for a 4 bar FPR? I was just curious. I have seen this thrown around some on here, just wondering what you would need it for.

·
Banned
12,870 Posts
Re: What mods make you need a 4 bar FPR? (EndisForever)

Running a diode on stock boost, or crazy high boost/nitrous on a stock turbo, or a bigger turbo all together. You don't need it on a stock turbo basically.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Re: What mods make you need a 4 bar FPR? (VDUBNDizzy)

I read the new GIAC Chip recommends the 4 bar FPR and a different N75 valve.

·
Banned
12,870 Posts
Re: What mods make you need a 4 bar FPR? (VWGolfA4)

Key word is recommends. It isn't required. And is really just a recommendation for those using the boost controller option for Mobile Tuner, just like the J N75.

·
Registered
6,691 Posts
Re: What mods make you need a 4 bar FPR? (VDUBNDizzy)

Oh thanks for the heads up. I didnt know that. I saw that on their website but didnt see the part about the MBC.

·
Banned
12,870 Posts
Re: ($E$)

Quote, originally posted by $E$ »
Hell i just slapped on a 4 bar FPR and i am still doing fine
E

Yes, the car will run fine. But check your long term fuel trims on VAG COM via block 032. I bet they are lower than -10%, meaning you are pulling more than 10% off the fuel curves.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (VDUBNDizzy)

Is there a block on VAGCOM for A/F ratios? Or do I need to buy a gauge for that? I'm new to the whole VAGCOM thing.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Re: ($E$)

There is not point what so ever unless you have programming that is programmed for a 4 bar (REVO, GIAC, certain APR cars), or as earlier stated; diode, larger turbo, NOS.
If you are running it on a stock car or even a chipped car that does not have 4 bar fuel curves then you are just wasting gas, and probobly making your car run worse and getting less power since you will be on the rich side.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (VDUBNDizzy)

The reason I started this thread is beacause my engine makes a funny noise whenever I shift from 1st to second, and go to WOT in second. It's during hard pulls, and I normally shift at about 5 - 6 grand. As soon as I let the clutch out for second gear, and step on the gas, it makes the exact noise as if you were taking off from a stop sign, and not giving the car enough gas. It sounds like the valves clicking/ rattling. It's not good. It also happens when I get on it at about 2 - 3 grand in second or third. I don't know if my car is too rich, too lean, or if it's from the CAI I installed. Just curious about input, or a way I can check this. Maybe it's in the timing of the car. Mods are in sig, and it's a 2001 AWW, APR DPP. It might also be that lame ass california gas

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Re: (EndisForever)

a chip if you have an APH engine code ('99-'01.5 DBW New Beetle 1.8t) or if you have a AEB ('98-'99 DBC Passat 1.8t) it comes with it stock IIRC. Someone will correct me if I am mistaken.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Re: (EndisForever)

Quote, originally posted by EndisForever »
The reason I started this thread is beacause my engine makes a funny noise whenever I shift from 1st to second, and go to WOT in second. It's during hard pulls, and I normally shift at about 5 - 6 grand. As soon as I let the clutch out for second gear, and step on the gas, it makes the exact noise as if you were taking off from a stop sign, and not giving the car enough gas. It sounds like the valves clicking/ rattling. It's not good. It also happens when I get on it at about 2 - 3 grand in second or third. I don't know if my car is too rich, too lean, or if it's from the CAI I installed. Just curious about input, or a way I can check this. Maybe it's in the timing of the car. Mods are in sig, and it's a 2001 AWW, APR DPP. It might also be that lame ass california gas

its not your tranny grinding is it?

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (gtiownerskid)

Quote, originally posted by gtiownerskid »

its not your tranny grinding is it?

No - definately not. When you take of from a stop sign, and you didn't give the car enough gas, and the RPM's drop all the way down to where it is barely able to make it without stalling, and it makes a sound like you hear each individal cylinder firing/rattling, that's what the sound is. It's really hard to explain, but it was never like this. One of those things where you know what your car sounds like, and this is defianetly a new/strange sound and not good. Hope that explanation helped
. Maybe I'm just crazy

·
Registered
680 Posts
Re: (gt2437)

Quote, originally posted by gt2437 »
a chip if you have an APH engine code ('99-'01.5 DBW New Beetle 1.8t) or if you have a AEB ('98-'99 DBC Passat 1.8t) it comes with it stock IIRC. Someone will correct me if I am mistaken.

WHAT IS IIRC? what i can do with that

1 - 18 of 18 Posts