VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
13,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...you could tolerate having a non 5 cylinder Audi?
Well, i'm kind of wanting a smoother car. The Audi is great, but throttle input is a nightmare. It's laggy, and abrupt. Coupled with a nasty transmission, and you've got the making for a very confusing driver oriented car.
I could never bear owning a lesser model Audi like the A4. I'd want to stay away from Turbo's, and any automatics. That pretty much leaves me with getting a new S4.
It's the ideal audi: very taut suspension, power on demand, best interior in its class, and the quality of being an S car.
other than that...i'd take a S8 with a manual transmission, or a S6 with a manual transmission.

· Registered
4th Tower of Inverness
8,892 Posts
Re: What new audi would you get if... (SuperGroove)

Both of my 5's are quite responsive, even though there is a little turbo lag on the urq. But that's to be expected!
The urs4 on the other hand has little lag, and great low end punchiness.
Must have something to do with the 10 extra valves.

· Registered
13,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: What new audi would you get if... (4RCD3S4)

Quote, originally posted by 4RCD3S4 »
Great low end punch on the UrS4? my friend, you have smoked way too much herb. I have one and they're GUTLESS down low

compared to most cars, the UrS4 does make good power down low. 255lb/ft at 1950RPM was somethign to talk about back then. Now it's just like...wow...such little amount of torque for such a fat pig of a car.
Either way, when I want to get off the line in a hurry, i feather the clutch at around 3200RPM and VROOOOM:)
It's funny to see that the first two responses are from UrS4 fellows:) Sepp has a UrQ though...i'd love to have purchased one. I almost did before buying my car.

· Registered
4th Tower of Inverness
8,892 Posts

We have lower compression than most common folk.
I do indeed have pretty good low end torque with my urs4.(not in comparison with a mousetang)
I run at least 93 octane, sometimes with toluene!

I can't smoke herb, I'd loose my job.....
I can't smoke my tires either.
The car is a pig though!

Modified by Sepp at 8:51 AM 7-12-2003

Modified by Sepp at 8:53 AM 7-12-2003

· Registered
13,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: What new audi would you get if... (evilman69)

Quote, originally posted by evilman69 »
Why not wait and get a New A3? they will be offered with the 3.2L V6....

I don't want a glorified golf;)

· Registered
4th Tower of Inverness
8,892 Posts

It's a major bummer that the s6 comes with an auto only.
Betcha it's avail with a stick across the pond!

The s4 IS the only new Audi for you then!

Modified by Sepp at 4:30 AM 7-13-2003

· Registered
2,638 Posts
Re: What new audi would you get if... (Sepp)

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a B6 S4 as well... but at this stage in my life, I find it hard to justify spending 40 grand more on one of those than on a decent urS4.

That being said, I will one day own a semi-used S8.

· Registered
13,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: What new audi would you get if... (sirhc)

if I had your UrS4 with the RS2 goodies and the CRB, maybe i'd think otherwise;)
right now it's, "coolant leak maybe from waterpump, need new cats possibly forego stock and get a stromung...need new front shocks...possibly time to get custom kw coilovers with eibach springs...refinish stock wheel lips...possibly time to upgrade to BBS RGRs...get $5000 paint job.

It seems like that I'm going to be putting just as much into the car as I paid for it. GRRR.

I just want a car I don't have to touch at all that is fast and handles like white on rice.
edit: Need new clutch...most likely have to end up replacing dual-mass fly wheel. Don't have $3000 to buy clutch set, flywheel and to have someone else replace it for me. GRRRR.

Modified by SuperGroove at 9:42 AM 7-13-2003

· Registered
4th Tower of Inverness
8,892 Posts
Re: What new audi would you get if... (sirhc)

Quote, originally posted by sirhc »
Don't get me wrong, I'd love a B6 S4 as well... but at this stage in my life, I find it hard to justify spending 40 grand more on one of those than on a decent urs4

If you were to invest 40 grand in a urs4, you would have one hell of a fast car!
It only takes money!

Modified by Sepp at 8:18 PM 7-13-2003

· Registered
13,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: What new audi would you get if... (duandcc)

Quote, originally posted by duandcc »
What about a gently used A8? Almost as quick as the S8, but a LOT less cash. Really nice low miles A8s can be had for $20-25k...

That exclusive aluminum body scares me.

· Banned
21,206 Posts

Why? it's stronger and lighter than steel. Worried about repairs? When/if it comes down to it, it is your/their insurance companies problem to find a shop that is certified in aluminum repair...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.