VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious to know what numbers people are getting at the wheels or crank with a naturally aspirated 3.6 VR6 and what they did to get them.

Supersprint Headers
High Flow cats
Cold air intake
Tune
Porting
Flex fuel mods

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I

I have a scanner that reads HP/TQ
AND I'm getting about 253 to the wheels
And I got smoked by a 128i for comparison, I think the drivetrain loss is even worse because a 128 comes from the factory with 253. And I didn't catch him until we hit 90mph. Maybe because I had a passenger idk CC's are heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

253 at the wheels is pretty respectable. Surprisingly the 128 is only a couple hundred pounds lighter than the CC with less power at the wheels. Sure it wasn't a 135i, that car has 335hp and is quick as hell vs the 230 of the 128. Do you have a DSG tune or are you shifting manually? My guess is that if you had a haldex and DSG tune that the results would have been verydifferent.

I have a matching set of 08 VR6 audis, a DSG A3 and a manual TT. The TT is significantly quicker than the A3 but it's also 600lbs lighter. Thinking about doing an engine swap to a 3.6 in the A3 because I want to stay naturally aspirated and trying to figure out if it's worth it or whether I should just do cams. The most I could hope to get out of the 3.2 is 280hp at the crank, I've heard of some people getting 315 with the 3.6.

If you have the average drive train loss that would put you up over 310 at the crank. My A3 has 245 at the crank and I only get about 187 to the wheels.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.