VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quick question

what oil and what wieght oil are you guys using...see im doing an oil change tomorow and i just want to know....thanks you

-kYle

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Re: quick question (seank)

Mobil 1 15W50 for turbo and supercharged engines.
It's a lot warmer down here, I can get away with it guys.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts

Quote, originally posted by seank »
please tell me what bad things you have heard about mobile 1 oil?

A lot of ppl. complain about erratic idles during a "engine warm start"
Not a cold start, but when it is already warmed up and for about the first 2 mins. Enough complaints between the Zine, the AW, and here, for me to never run it.
just my o2, yet I'm sure that a lot of ppl. use it and will argue.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Re: quick question (nidnabd)

hmmm i've never come across that in any vehicle i've owned, i guess everyone has problems with something though. i'd be inclined to guess that their cars had some other sort of problem that contributed to it though.

·
Registered
19,732 Posts

Im 0w40 mobile 1. If Mercedes AMG and Porsche are good enough to run it. Then its fine in my car.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Re: quick question (Bannana Pancakes)

Quote, originally posted by Bannana Pancakes »
what oil and what wieght oil are you guys using...see im doing an oil change tomorow and i just want to know....thanks you

-kYle

AMSOIL 10w 30 for turbo/supercharged engines

·
Registered
195 Posts
Re: quick question (threethirteen)

another vote for the EURO 0-40 Blend. Not always in the first place I look when shopping.
In the past I have also used 15-50 & 5-30(Mobil1) and Royal Purple 5-30 (2x) I bought a case once to see if it was what it was cracked up to be. Same with the REDLINE 5-30. I tried this when I was buying fresh for the tranny & the diff---nothing too different noticed, so I have been sticking with the Black Labeled EUROPEAN 0-40 Mobil1 stuff. I hate that NOBODY sells it in the CONVIENIENT 6 Qt pack. It would be SO much easier at the checkout.

As far as those reported "noises" people mention. IF that seems to be the case check what is SUPPOSED to be used and try that. (I have heard) that (different topic/make) the BMW 7 Series V10 (?) never runs right UNLESS the exact OE spec (weight) is used.
My $.02
Cheers

·
Registered
19,732 Posts
Re: quick question (threethirteen)

Quote, originally posted by threethirteen »
that robby...he's so euro..
0w40 mobil1

x2

·
Registered
16 Posts
choice of oil??? spark pluggs?

Just a question on which oil is ok to use in a 2000 1.8T
the dealer uses 5W40 syntec.... but I use 5W30 syntec however I find that im using up oil more so.. so i switched to 10W30 syntec..
so 5W in winter and 10W in summer... is it ok to use the 10W30 syntec???
annnnd... also.. stupid quesiton... i want to change the pluggs or just check them out... but i cannot find them.. where do i look?

1 - 20 of 85 Posts