VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

· Registered
3,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering bc I use the OW-30 but i read that it is good to use in cooler climates and I live in Florida. The warm weather is about to start showing up again and I'm about to hit 70k so I'm wondering what everyone thinks I should use.
Thanks

· Registered
4,378 Posts
Re: (Billburt)

Quote, originally posted by Billburt »
I have heard great things about royal purple...what about this? http://www.urotuning.com/shop/....html

x2- Royal Purple is very good stuff. keep in mind that everyone has their favorite though.
as long as you stick to FULL SYNTHETIC oil, you shouldn't have any problems.

· Registered
5,401 Posts
Re: FV-QR (Billburt)

Quote, originally posted by Billburt »

That's all I have ever used but should i keep using it in the hot parts of the year down here?

If anything the 0w-40 will be more efficient than the 0w-30 in warmer weather. Keep in mind the 'W' in multi-viscosity oils stand for Winter grade oil (or cold start viscosity) and is not a direct representation of weight, even though the term is misused very commonly. The last number set is high-temperature viscosity and represents how easily an oil pours at higher temperatures. Viscosity is rated on a scaled of 0 to 50, 0 being easier to pour, where 50 doesn't pour as easily, with a more honey like characteristic.
That said, I run 0w-40 Mobil 1 year-round.

· Registered
4,589 Posts
Re: FV-QR (McBee)

Quote, originally posted by McBee »

If anything the 0w-40 will be more efficient than the 0w-30 in warmer weather. Keep in mind the 'W' in multi-viscosity oils stand for Winter grade oil (or cold start viscosity) and is not a direct representation of weight, even though the term is misused very commonly. The last number set is high-temperature viscosity and represents how easily an oil pours at higher temperatures. Viscosity is rated on a scaled of 0 to 50, 0 being easier to pour, where 50 doesn't pour as easily, with a more honey like characteristic.
That said, I run 0w-40 Mobil 1 year-round.

good info http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.