VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
In a few months, maybe by the end of aug and 1st week of sept I'm going to be ordering a candy white rabbit (stick ofcourse) with these options in mind.
I'm just stuck on one little detail.
Don't know which option to choose.
For Us readers just in case is different if not just ignore it

Canadian rabbits have these following options to choose from.
Convenience Package - $400
Sunroof Package - $1400
Cold Weather Package -$450
Electronic Stabilization Program
I know for a fact that I'm going to be getting a sunroof and I don't want the convenience package. So that leave me with 2 options available
My Question to you now is, what should I get? Cold weather or ESP?
Is a "Nice to have" heated seats and Windshield Washer Nozzles but am I going to be missing out on a good safety feature?
Will it make a BIG difference if I get the esp or will I not even know a difference.
Just to recap
I want Candy white rabbit stick tranny with sunroof
I'm stuck between cold weather package and ESP
Which one should I get and why?
What did you get?

· Registered
570 Posts
Re: What options would you choose and why? (01getta)

IMO, ESP is a must. It seems to get little attention here but there have been studies that prove it's utility in preventing accidents.
The feds (US) now require TPMS
wrong one guys.

· Registered
2,701 Posts
Re: What options would you choose and why? (baat06)

Quote, originally posted by baat06 »
IMO, ESP is a must. It seems to get little attention here but there have been studies that prove it's utility in preventing accidents.

I also vote for ESP.

· Registered
843 Posts
Re: What options would you choose and why? (Zz_Radish_zZ)

In one of the early tests of ABS effectiveness, cab drivers were studied and the results were that cabbies with the ABS cars had just as many accidents as those without. Apparently, this was because those with ABS simply drove faster to compensate for the extra safety. I'd expect similar results with ESP.
That said, I would try to avoid any car without this significant safety feature and would
at anyone who didn't tick this option box.

· Registered
23 Posts
Re: What options would you choose and why? (Qest)

Take which ever you can find on a car that fits all your other criteria. That'll save you some money from ordering if you find it on a lot. Also, I don't see the need for ESP on a low power fwd drive car. It's not going to go past its limits easily.

· Registered
3,285 Posts
Re: What options would you choose and why? (baat06)

Quote, originally posted by baat06 »
The feds (US) now require TPMS
wrong one guys.

Well if you drive down the road look and see how many cars and SUV's have under inflated tires. It is staggering. I can not believe these people can't realize that they have a tire that is almost flat. This is extremely dangerous. Especially in an SUV which is top heavy to begin with. So once again the federal government needs to step in and protect stupid people from themselves.
I wish they would stop doing that. The gene pool could do without a lot of those people.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.