VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to upgrade my clutch and get a lightened flywheel as well. What do you recommend and where can I get it?

·
Registered
2,501 Posts
Re: What performance clutch do you recommend? (hoosier1661)

ACT http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,530 Posts

i think the general consensess here for a streetable clutch is sachs, no idea myself, still on the stockie.

·
Registered
14,594 Posts
Re: What performance clutch do you recommend? (squishy12)

sachs power clutch is a good idea if your thinking of boosting your vr or just want better clutch than stock. stock clutch works good anyway so till it goes bad keep it. autotech flywheels are not bad, 10 lbs I think compared to 18lbs stock. there was a GB for quifes little while ago and Peter offered a special price on a sachs clutch/flywheel package as well. do a search and contact him, special price will go on till july 4th I think. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
6,347 Posts

ACT extreme is the bomb in my opinion!!

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Re: What performance clutch do you recommend? (slammed dub)

ACt is the one to go with. If you have VR6 or even 8v. (shameless plug for sponsor
)

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Re: What performance clutch do you recommend? (LuckyVWGolf)

well luckyvwgolf it depends, ACT is a very hard clutch that will take some time to get used to, youll probably have one swole leg and one skinny leg cause of it, the Clutchmasters is almost like the factory clutch meaning it is soft not hard but does the same job. I still prefer act because of how hard it grabs when it is engaged.
By the way when does your car come out from the bodyshop. I cant wait to see it I am supposed to pick up my baby today.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Re: What performance clutch do you recommend? (slammed dub)

I am running a cluchnet disc with a sachs pressure plate....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts