VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
10,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was back surfing around on the Volkswagen.de site, and saw these wheels. Thought some of you guys would possibly know the name, and maybe a part number for them.

TIA,
Steve

· Registered
21,380 Posts
Re: What Phaeton Wheels are These (Scuba2001)

Don is correct, they are Oymants. Not available in North America (though you could probably get them if you asked nicely when you ordered your car, and were willing to wait for the car to be custom-made). I would probably think twice about ordering 19 inch wheels (with the proportionately skinnier tires) on a North American car unless you live in an area that has very well maintained roads. I would not want to hit a big pothole with these rims and skinny little tires.
The production code for Oymant wheels is CJ3. NB that is the production code (what is on the build sticker), not the sales order code. They are suitable for all Phaetons - both the 'light' Phaetons (6 and 8 cylinder engines) and the heavy Phaetons (10 and 12 cylinder engines).

Michael

· Registered
1,581 Posts
I would like the 19 inch with a 50 or 55 profile. Best of all worlds, Nice looks, Good cushion, Great toad clearance and wheel well is filled. N'est Pas.
PS still no answer from the GB Dealer to me trying ot order the headlight switch? Now what?

Modified by GripperDon at 12:23 PM 9-14-2005

· Registered
598 Posts
Re: What Phaeton Wheels are These (PanEuropean)

Quote, originally posted by PanEuropean »
Oui, absolument. Mais, je pense qu'ils parlent anglais au Royaume-Uni. Si tu passez commande en français - tu ne pourriez pas obtenir une réponse.

Oui, je suis d'accord avec vous. Aber, Ich kann Deutsche besser. Mein Frau ist auf Deutschland. I can speak English like a native though.

Logan.

Modified by loganflatt at 4:29 PM 9-14-2005

· Registered
10,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Don is correct, they are Oymants. Not available in North America (though you could probably get them if you asked nicely when you ordered your car, and were willing to wait for the car to be custom-made).

Well being as I dont have a Phaeton, I couldnt order my GLI with these wheels. Just looking for a nice OE market wheel that is 18/19 and looks nice.
Thanks everyone, but these arent going to work. 19x9 is a little wide for the front fenders on the Mk5 GLI's.

· Registered
21,380 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Scuba2001 »
Thanks everyone, but these aren't going to work. 19x9 is a little wide for the front fenders on the Mk5 GLI's.

Not to mention that Phaeton rims, designed as they are to handle the load of a 5,000+ pound car decelerating from 250 km/h (155 MPH), might be just a little too heavy for a Golf / Jetta platform.
Michael

· Registered
10,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Not to mention that Phaeton rims, designed as they are to handle the load of a 5,000+ pound car decelerating from 250 km/h (155 MPH), might be just a little too heavy for a Golf / Jetta platform.
Michael

Oh I already understand this. But for the look that I want to achieve with the GLI, these wheels will be perfect. On a normal day, the OE 17's will be fine.

· Registered
2016 A6, 2014 X3, 1967 Bus, 1963 356
25,352 Posts

Yeah, I saw these wheels on a few cars on the assembley line when I was in Dresden two months ago. They also had it on their demo car downstairs. Very nice wheels that would make any car look great.
Here's a pic I took of the factory demo.

Modified by chucchinchilla at 12:25 AM 9-16-2005

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.