VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for around $6500, what porsche would you buy?
besides the 928 and 944.. are there any in the price range? what would you pick? (pics always help to explain better)

·
Registered
38,608 Posts
Re: what porsche??? (jbell)

$6500 will get you a really nice 924 in tip top shape that will look gorgeous and run like a champ. it'll also get an great 944, or a 928 worn around the edges.
i'd go for a nice 924 for that price. not the turbo though unless you find a mint one and want to do some aftermarket mods for reliability
. if you get a 924, make sure it has the M-471 option, or at least has discs in the rear (better brake option).
good luck!
obin

·
Premium Member
11,254 Posts
Re: what porsche??? (Obin Robinson)

you could also get a pretty nice 914...

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Re: what porsche??? (MGQ)

go with the R/C car.. around $300, you can get a brand new porsche...
( at least that's what I did... )

·
Registered
11,304 Posts

get a 944 - they are ohhh so sweet http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Re: what porsche??? (JveshG60)

hey obin, just curious... do they make mounting kits for V8's into the 914? theres a 914 at our local SCCA events and he's really interested in bolting in a northstar V8. the whole project sounds really really cool and i would love to see it, just wondering how easy it would be.

·
Banned
26,760 Posts

Well, if you're not going to go with the cool R/C car, I'd search for an old 1970s 911 Carerra. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,995 Posts

914 2.0L - Super nice cars, get the chrome 'appearance package' and some polished fuch wheels, and you're lookin good!!
How much are the 968s, are they still really expensive? Cause those are super nice.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Re: what porsche??? (MGQ)

Quote, originally posted by MGQ »
you could also get a pretty nice 914...

Yup, if you look over in the other thread, the 2.0 I posted is casually for sale @ $6,000.
$5,500+ should get you a very nice 4cyl 914, and is what I'd buy if I were looking for a Porsche at that price point.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Re: what porsche??? (lacuna)

Quote, originally posted by lacuna »

How much are the 968s, are they still really expensive? Cause those are super nice.

I really love the 968's, but in general they are still fairly expensive. Prices I see for the coupes range from $14,000 for early high mileage coupes to $26,000ish for lower mile, newer examples. The convertibles are generally a little bit higher, but I have no interest in those.

·
Registered
38,608 Posts
Re: what porsche??? (nmap)

Quote, originally posted by nmap »
hey obin, just curious... do they make mounting kits for V8's into the 914? theres a 914 at our local SCCA events and he's really interested in bolting in a northstar V8. the whole project sounds really really cool and i would love to see it, just wondering how easy it would be.

northstar v8 will fit in a 914
. they make kits here:
http://www.renegadehybrids.com/914.htm
good luck!

obin

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Re: what porsche??? (haydar)

obin - that's beautiful. i'll definately be bringing this up the next time i see him. i would LOVE to be involved in this project... plus that bastard owes me since he took out about 1000 miles on my brand new Azeni's doing a 1 wheel pegleg drift in my 240 at the autox this weekend.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts