VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear friends!
After all what i have been through.... i wonder if you guys think if it is FARE to sell my R for 25K????? I was looking for 28K or something close to 30K... but i am not sure...
My car as you all know... is a TR .:R with 36K/Mi and the mods are listed in my signiture. please guys let me know:)

· Registered
1,846 Posts
Re: @ what price should i sell my R?? (biglu)

I just traded mine in and got $23,000 with 38,700mi. It was near stock when I traded her in. Better off selling privately if you are going to keep all your upgrades on it. I am sure someone will want a turbo'd R32 in VT.
$32K w/turbo
KBB and NADA do not reflect real world values.

Modified by [email protected] at 9:11 PM 8-19-2006

· Registered
2,261 Posts
Re: @ what price should i sell my R?? ([email protected])

Quote, originally posted by [email protected] »
I just traded mine in and got $23,000 with 38,700mi. It was near stock when I traded her in. Better off selling privately if you are going to keep all your upgrades on it. I am sure someone will want a turbo'd R32 in VT.
$32K w/turbo
KBB and NADA do not reflect real world values.

Modified by [email protected] at 9:11 PM 8-19-2006

agreed. private you should be able to get close to 30k. if you want to trade it in, part it out. it'll be worth your time.

· Registered
1,846 Posts
Re: @ what price should i sell my R?? (chipstar)

Quote, originally posted by chipstar »

agreed. private you should be able to get close to 30k. if you want to trade it in, part it out. it'll be worth your time.

I will be recovering approximately 50-65% of my money spent in mods by selling my parts, which are almost all sold.

· Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (Faisal)

If I sell for 25K W/turbos i will save the money and drive my 220K mile Caddie untill it dies... then ride with my GF for the rest of the time
for some REASON i am broke now
If i sell for 30K i will probably put a Down payment of 20K and finance the rest and save 10K so i can get through next year for rent, utilities, etc...
Cars i am thinking of... Acura TL, STi, or a 4X4 like a commander or a grand cherokee (for the sake of the wheather in VT) i am going to look for a car that will last me 2-4 more years and comfort my needs. since i am planning to get my MSA degree now:)

· Registered
1,374 Posts
Re: (biglu)

Lu, I really don't know what you can get for the car, selling modded cars is always a roll of the dice. Sometimes you find someone looking for exactly what you've put together, usually you don't
So I guess its worth what your best buyer is willing to pay (helpful aren't I).
That said, you have no 'permanent' modifications. The only thing I see in your signature that wouldn't be worth the labor to uninstall and part out is the clutch setup. Everything else can be removed relatively easily and sold off. That expands you options - recoup some cash by parting out the aftermarket parts - trade in a stock car - sell off an unmodded car with wider appeal, etc.
No matter what you decide, good luck with it http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
4,707 Posts
You have had so many problems with your car, I would stay away from it if I was in the market. Don'teven bother listing in on Vortex, you'll only get low-ball offers. The best thing to do is to part it out. It will be easier to sell it that way. Otherwise for the whole package you're looking at $24-27K from a private party that doesn't know the history of your car.

· Registered
4,707 Posts
Don't bother advertising in the local paper. It is a limited edition car and as much as it has retained its resale value, there aren't a lot of people looking for one. You live in a realtively rural area and the cahances to find somebody local are slim. Put it on Autotrader, Cars.com, etc. Hell, try Ebay even. Good luck!

· Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: (ilko)

the car is still at EIP and i got a call at 4:10 pm on sat. day after they closed and Kyle left me a voice mail saying the car is 100% done... the fact is that i really dont want to put 500 more miles on my car going up to VT and God knows how many problems i might have... so most probably i will post another thread asking the people out there who are close to MD or DC and have a space that i can use to leave my car there and maybe look for someone who wants to buy it in that area!

· Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (ilko)

if someone knows of any one that can pull the kit a part close to VT please Jump in !! i need a name and number and we can go from there... any one knows what it would cost me to pull the kit out?roughly?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.