VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the standard application form for public high school that I'm filling out for my son, I can check off 4 different boxes for the question of Race. It did say "check all that apply." So that would be 4 out of 5 on the form.

I understand this does not matter, but I understand why the school (government) want that info.

1. Check what the student identify with. What they look and mostly associated with?

2. Check all that apply. Part of me do want my son to identfy with all his ethnic mixture.

Just want to hear want you done in similar situations...

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
Never thought about it, but it generally applies to what the student identifies themselves with. I believe for funding, having a higher ratio of minorities is beneficial, but not certain.

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
I'd expect the school has to report the diversity of the population. Now does that lead into special program funding or anything else I don't know. I'd say mark how ever you feel is most accurate, or maybe be a rebel and leave it blank. :thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts