VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1.9 g60 turbo motor fully built with t3/to4 e turbo
What radiator will fit in a scirocco 2 i dont think the stock one will cool enough..
any help would be good.
Tkanks

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
Re: what radiator are u turbo scirocco 2 guys using? (scir260)

hmmm..
what are your water temps. Why do you think the the roc 2 radiator can't cool enough. is your turbo water and oil cooled or just oil cooled. Do you have an oil cooler
I'm actually a big fan of the roc 2 radiator except for the upper hose design http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
Jason

·
Registered
610 Posts
Re: what radiator are u turbo scirocco 2 guys using? (vdubspeed)

im running a radiator out of an 87 gti in my 85 rocco. i had to lenghten the top hose about 4". but the lower hose out of an a2 will bolt right on.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Re: what radiator are u turbo scirocco 2 guys using? (euro_racer16v)

From what i hear its not an issue and the radiator without an expansion tank has been proven to work.

-Rich

·
Banned
5,765 Posts
Re: what radiator are u turbo scirocco 2 guys using? (rocco2.0gtiLondon)

I had a G60T in my rabbit w/ the stock non a/c short radiator, 180F thermostat and fan switch. 20psi and very hard driving didnt even get the watertemps past 195F.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Re: what radiator are u turbo scirocco 2 guys using? (scir260)

I am running the stock radiator with no problems so far. I still have A/C and a Massive front mount intercooler. I have had zero problems so far. I did run a little hot in stop and go traffic with the a/c on last summer, but nothing bad. I am putting a euro GTI oil cooler which should help shed heat for this summer.

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
Re: what radiator are u turbo scirocco 2 guys using? (SavageRocco)

why not try replacing the Fan to one of the high air flow ones im getting a custom rad made for my rocco because my Eaton takes up alot of room

is your Rad dirty ? i have seen that play a big part in high temps

·
Banned
5,087 Posts
Just curious are you running a single fan? If so swapping to a dual fan should help significantly. I have one for sale out of a '90 Corrado if interested, just PM me an offer.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (vwtuning)

thanks every one for ur suggestions. i had a g60 before and a audi
4000 rad and the car ran very hot.. i was just worried about heat
the turbo is water cooled and this is a fully built motor i wanna push
every bit of power out of it...

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
i have run scirocco 16v rads. my friend has run g-60 rads--both of us have not had a problem.
fan wise, i have had the single fan on my car, and never ran hot. sits at about 1/2 all the time. I am planing to switch to the dual fan setup found on passats as it will cool more, and be "thinner".

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
Re: what radiator are u turbo scirocco 2 guys using? (rocco2.0gtiLondon)

Quote, originally posted by rocco2.0gtiLondon »
the radiator without an expansion tank has been proven to work.
-Rich

Can anyone else add any validation to this statement. I've heard the exact opposite.
Jason

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Re: what radiator are u turbo scirocco 2 guys using? (vdubspeed)

I use the old non expansion tank radiator, it works fine.

·
Banned
5,765 Posts
Re: what radiator are u turbo scirocco 2 guys using? (BUNNYLOVE)

I use an old rocco non expansion tank radiator on my juiced 16v and never had an issue w/ cooling. Just look at honda guys using 1 1/2" thick radiators that are half the size of ours on boosted b18's w/o issues. VW's have overkill radiator systems just like our motors. Owning a dub is a blessing sometimes...until something breaks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts