VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, i have a turbo setup and I'm taking out the standalone and i needed to re-harness the car, so as I'm taking out the old one i notice a plug / sensor that has coolant leaking from it. here's a few pics...anyone have an idea what it is?

And this is what was in the hole...

Any help would be great thanks!

·
Registered
458 Posts
I want to say maybe the fan temp sender?

-Brett-

·
Registered
5,998 Posts
Wonder if it might be coolant pressure sensor for use in diagnostics? That possible?

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
The other sensor still in there is for coolant temp for the ECU, noticed it is the black one. Replace that sucker with a green-top sensor to prevent future issues.

·
Registered
410 Posts
keep the black one in there, it makes for a good seal, but replace the "0"ring, and put the green top sensor in the blank hole. then make sure you connect the green top and not the black top obviously. this is how my set up is right now, and its working very well for me. good luck

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
keep the black one in there, it makes for a good seal, but replace the "0"ring, and put the green top sensor in the blank hole. then make sure you connect the green top and not the black top obviously. this is how my set up is right now, and its working very well for me. good luck
meh, picked up a plug at VW $5 slapped it in there and all set...but in my tear down of my car AFTER posting this i found out that my temp housing, on the inside where the black seal sits, is broken and missing a piece causing it to not have a flush seal...thus leaking. FML.:banghead:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He has two different sensors though, he'll probably need to retain both, so leaving the back one in would not be an option.
one sensor is my coolant, and the other was for something to do with the 034 standalone ECU i had so i just left the coolant one in there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.