VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've a 1.8T jetta and I couldn't decide which shocks to get for eibach 1.2" drop spring. Should I get koni yellow, bilstein or eibach damper? I don't need adjustable but bilstein is more expensive than koni.
I choose 1.2" drop because I want handling, not the look.
Also, I don't go to track or autoX but I want my car to handle like BMW 3 series with sport suspension.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Re: What shocks work best with Eibach Pro-kit spring? (jetta1.8T)

Well,let's see. Only one of the three shocks you mentioned is actually designed to work with the shocks you mentioned. Which do you think will best?

·
Registered
2,935 Posts

The Eibach dampers are going to prob be the best set up, seein as how Eibach took there springs into consideration when making there shocks.
Personally I run the Koni yellows. I love em to http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
. You can fin tune the ride youwant. Nice and stiff or, nice and stoft, or any where inbetween.
Nate

·
Registered
868 Posts

I've got the Pro-Dampers, but I wanted the Koni Yellows. There was about a $100 price difference (Koni Group Buy) at the time.
If I had to do it over again, I would have saved up another $100 so I could have some adjustability. If you don't want adjustability, get the Pro-Dampers.
- VD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.