VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have the stock stereo system with the 6 disc CD changer. I want to get an MP3 player, but I am afraid that it won't look as flushed as the stock system.
Does anyone know an MP3 player that has the same light color scheme for our VW's?
Also, do you think I should just sell the stock system? Are there people who would buy it?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Re: What should I do? Audio question (jlammy)

There is a MP3 player that plugs in where ur cd changer goes, do a search for MP3 Player and find ti! FYI: Why would some one buy a stock system?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: What should I do? Audio question (kgokal)

I don't know....someone who got theirs jacked? Or someone who just wants a cheap CD Changer? HAHAHA...I seriously don't know. Anyway, thanks for the help. I am probably going to just measure the deck and check the local Best Buy.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts

I would say go with what i am about to put in my 337 (when it gets here) a Kenwood KDC-MP919 it is a sweet heaudunit that plays mp3 encoded cd's. it lights up blue for the lcd display and red for the buttons or green (you can choose in the menu) it sits very flush in the dash and hides itself when not in use. it also can sit flat as normal or has 2 tilt options to angle it up a bit. here is a pic of one installed in someone elses car...go to this post...
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=410073
i think it is an older model now (last years) so you may be able to find one cheap.
hope that helps.
-Mike

·
Registered
60 Posts

I've got an Alpine CDA-9807 head unit. It is silver, but matches very well if you have silver trim on your shifter. It has blue lights on the LCD screen and red lights that backlight most of the buttons. It does play MP3's. It was actually recommeded to me buy the person that works at the store where I got it that drives a GTI and said it matches perfectly with his interior at night, so I went with that. He made an excellent suggestion!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: What should I do? Audio question (XSSIVE)

Hey,
Thanks for the link. That was an awesome thread.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am probably going to get the KDCMP522. I do have another question though. Would I still be able to use the controls on my sterring wheel?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts