VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I currently own an a2 golf.
And i want to upgrade to an a3, and invest alot of time and money into it
now, I have 2 options, either I buy a 2.slow, and have plenty of money left over for mods, OR I bite the bullet now, get a vr6, but then have no money left over for mods, what do you guys think?
I need some help!

Keep in mind that I do not streetrace and I guess speed isnt that big of an issue for me, but vr6's sound s0o0o good, I'm lost

help. Pic of my current ride -

· Registered
5,135 Posts
what kind of mods, perforamnce, exterior, what? If they are performance mods you want to do, don't bother, and just get the vr. If you want to do exterior mods, I would say still get the vr and just save up. Its a more fun car and you'll regret it in the end with the purchase of a 2.0. Atleast I was.

· Registered
3,809 Posts
Re: What should I do?! help me decide :( (willieGTi)

Quote, originally posted by willieGTi »

i want to upgrade to an a3, and invest alot of time and money into it

Well, being aware of this will avoid a big slap in the face

Get a VR. when i was shopping for an A3 i was considering the 2.0 then i came to realise that everyine i know with a 2.0 wants a VR. and yes the VR sounds sooo good, i have no regrets other than i wish a got a jetta instead of a GTi.

· Registered
11,026 Posts
I see what you guys are all saying, but consider this... You can get a 2.0 rolling shell with high mileage for like $2-3k now. I've seen them going really cheap sometimes recently. Now, lets say you get a good deal on a VR6 motor and get everything you need for the swap, for $1k. Now rather than spending $10k on a stock VR6 GTI, you've spent $3-4k, maybe even $5k, and you have yourself a VR6. Spend the rest of the money on a supercharger.

· Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (ZeRo_C0oL)

Quote, originally posted by ZeRo_C0oL »
I see what you guys are all saying, but consider this... You can get a 2.0 rolling shell with high mileage for like $2-3k now. I've seen them going really cheap sometimes recently. Now, lets say you get a good deal on a VR6 motor and get everything you need for the swap, for $1k. Now rather than spending $10k on a stock VR6 GTI, you've spent $3-4k, maybe even $5k, and you have yourself a VR6. Spend the rest of the money on a supercharger.

See, thats what I was thinking, I dont want to mod the 2.0 to match a vr6, I just want exterior mods, then after im done with that and have extra money, I'd do the vr6 swap

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.