VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you have a second car for a daily driver besides your mk2 reason i am asking is everytime my car gets fixed it breaks down again and it is the only car i have, so i am seriously thinking about selling it for the winter and getting a subaru(awd)
, i ski alot, but i dont want to give up all the work i have done, to my car

ps i have a 90' jetta coupe two sets of wheels, gti seats, auto tech cam, chip, exhaust, single rounds and relays, lowered it two new batteries, 2 ecus, a new starter, all new wires, all new shift linkage, and some other crap

· Registered
4,976 Posts
Just buy another MKII, that's what I did.
I had my GTI as my only car. While it is super reliable, I couldn't do the more intensive mods that I wanted to do on it, cuz all worked would have to be finished soley by me, in a single weekend at a time.
I went out & purchased an 88 GLI & now I can do whatever I want with one, and run the other while that ones in the garage.
I guess my point was more for mods, but if you're concerned with reliability, two dubs are better than one.

· Registered
4,754 Posts
Re: What should i do (MOB)

you my friend need a winter beater.
i have several beaters i keep around, one for when my daily is under the wrench, one for when my daily and beater are dead, one for when the daily beater #1 and beater #2 are dead, lol. a word to the wise, vw's care like socks. best in pairs even if they dont match.

· Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: What should i do (madd92jetta)

yeah im only sixteen and i can only have one car, that and i can only afford one car
so im going to check out this legacy turbo tommorow well see

· Registered
1,505 Posts
Re: What should i do (madd92jetta)

Quote »

How do you people afford insurance for all these cars? Or do you all drive cars of the same color and swap plates

Quote, originally posted by madd92jetta »
Some of us aren't 19

0WN3D!!!!!!!

· Registered
4,976 Posts
Re: What should i do (VDub2625)

Quote, originally posted by VDub2625 »
How do you people afford insurance for all these cars? Or do you all drive cars of the same color and swap plates

Multi-car policies help. I had the MKIV & the GTI on my current policy, so when I bought the GLI it only cost $30 per month more to insure.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Banned
4,593 Posts
Re: What should i do (VDub2625)

Quote, originally posted by VDub2625 »
Mine is going to be $334 a month
, but that's only 10 months a year. No flames please, I have more then learned my lesson.

HOLY CRAP! What the hell did you do? Did you kill the police chief's dog or something?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.