2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, quick question.
I currently have:
- stock struts/shocks
- Ground Control adjustable collars
- Eibach springs
What I want:
- Stiff rear suspension to avoid squatting, and maybe improve my 60' times while drag racing.
- To avoid bottoming out the front end, when driving agressively away from the 1/4 mile track.
- To still enjoy driving my car on windy roads, or at a lapping day, etc. (in other words, I still want to turn my steering wheel from time to time)
Any suggestions, on what to buy, to replace my stock shocks/struts?
Thanks in advance guys.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Re: What should I replace my stock struts/shocks with? Help, please. (VR6BOPER)

konis and bilstiens are pretty much the best, but the bilstiens dont work with the gorund controls. So get the adjustable konis, and if you want the rear stiffer get new springs in the rear, they should be about a hundred bucks from ground control and you can pick youre spring rate!

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: What should I replace my stock struts/shocks with? Help, please. (turbodub)

Thanks for the info. I will look into that.
Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

OK, how about everyone just posting up your current suspension set up.
I would be interested to hear from guys who are running the 1/4 mile consistently, and still drive their car on the street.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,568 Posts

dunno if it helps any, i ran my weitec xs fully adjustables at the stiffest setting when racing. very little if any rear suspension dip during launching. regardless i couldnt get traction when i sprayed though.
i was consistent, but not as fast as i should have been, given a few more track days i would have gotton it down..but im not gonna get that chance again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts