VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okie i finally scrounded up enough money to rebuild the charger (stage one...all i can afford at the time) and just last week i got a new exhaust kit on it(good thing aswell, i have to take the thing in for smog for my tags!). i was thinking putting in a 268 cam? what else should i do to it but without going overboard sence this is my dailydriver. thanx
~Andy.

· Registered
24,970 Posts
Re: what should today to my g60? (glorykid)

low cost:
65mm pulley
3.5bar
stage 4 chip
mo money:
68mm
3.5bar
stage 4 chip
268/260 camshaft + ancillaries to install such
Produces roughly the same effect but not entirely the same. Big different in low cost and mo money $$$ version lol

Modified by mrkrad at 6:57 PM 3-13-2006

· Registered
3,657 Posts
Re: (glorykid)

Rebuild charger stages have nothing to do with engine management tuning stages. Stages in charger rebuilding refer to how much interior porting has been done. A fresh stock rebuild is all that is required to safely run a smaller pulley and chip. The sns stage 4 chip is good for stage 2 through 4. A pulley and a chip are your best bang for the buck. In fact , all g60 performance starts with them. Listen to mrkrad, he knows his ****.

Quote, originally posted by glorykid »
any other ideas?

1. Turbo kit
2. Some other charger
3. nitrous oxide

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.