VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m wondering what size the fuel lines are specifically around the right rear wheel.A section of the fuel line has rusted and now it’s leaking. I’m looking to buy some replacement line to fix the leak but I’m unsure what size the line is

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
You don't mention the year. I went with 1988 which would show the later style.

There are a lot of lines.

Here are some part diagrams. If you have an 8V, I think everything but the supply and return lines are available.
If you have a 16V, some hoses and lines are not available.

fuel tank; gravity valve; vent hose - Scirocco(SCI) [USA 1988 year] (7zap.com)

accumulator; fuel filter; fuel pump; fuel pipe; F ... - Scirocco(SCI) [USA 1988 year] (7zap.com)

As far as I know the only metal fuel lines are # 1 & # 2 (the ones that go from the fuel tank to the engine compartment) and # 15:

accumulator; fuel filter; fuel pump; fuel pipe; F ... - Scirocco(SCI) [USA 1988 year] (7zap.com)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You don't mention the year. I went with 1988 which would show the later style.

There are a lot of lines.

Here are some part diagrams. If you have an 8V, I think everything but the supply and return lines are available.
If you have a 16V, some hoses and lines are not available.

fuel tank; gravity valve; vent hose - Scirocco(SCI) [USA 1988 year] (7zap.com)

As far as I know the only metal fuel lines are # 1 & # 2 (the ones that go from the fuel tank to the engine compartment) and # 15:

Sorry for the late reply, for me to understand the diagrams I had to go under the car. The line that is leaking is number 15 on link 3. Also thank you for providing the diagrams they really help. For back ground information on the car it’s a 1986 8v

1 - 7 of 7 Posts