VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what size wheels look best on a 16v scirocco?
which one handles best?
has anyone tried 16x7 bbs on their scirocco?
what is a good looking lightweight wheel

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Re: what size wheels look best on a 16v scirocco? (16volt)

i think 17's look best! but 15 are better driving wise http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
11,729 Posts
Re: what size wheels look best on a 16v scirocco? (00ZERO)

16s will look better but for performance the 15s are better due to wheel and tire weight. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: what size wheels look best on a 16v scirocco? (JoshmkII)

will 16x7.5 fit on the front with out rubbing if i lower it 50mm? and i want to be able to rotate my tires unless the 16x9 in the rear offers that much more stability

·
Registered
10,008 Posts

if you want to start messing with odd sized wheels, get some height adjustable suspension

·
Registered
11,729 Posts
Re: what size wheels look best on a 16v scirocco? (JoshmkII)

my uncle has 16x7.5 in front and 16x9 in the back its sweet i want them on my rocco. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
120 Posts

17x7 are nice real stable above 130 but rough in the city of dallas but the steering response is wicked i have them but also been thinking of cutting the fender lips and moving up to 18" for road racing but true 15" are a real good balance between price vs ride quality (smoothness) but who cares scirocco's are built for extreme azz hauling everywhere on the weekends and keeping the rice boys in check
wait til this summer hopefully i can unleash the other "BEAST"

·
Registered
839 Posts
Re: what size wheels look best on a 16v scirocco? (Unphucwitable)

These are 15X6.5 Rota Subzero's, only 12.9 pounds each (a bit less than 6kg) they look great and handle like a dream, better than my old 17X7 Konig Tantrums at over 20 pounds each.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Re: what size wheels look best on a 16v scirocco? (Nogaro-Green)

quote:[HR][/HR]17's
I 2nd that![HR][/HR]​
I'll 3rd that!
quote:[HR][/HR]16x7.5 front 16x9 rear[HR][/HR]​
I'll ditto that as well, cause it's what I ran and will run once again once I replace my broken rim

[Modified by Gewinn, 2:55 PM 12-2-2002]

·
Registered
726 Posts

16" and 17's look great in the right design. Most larger wheels weigh more, depends if you want more show or more go. Lightweight 14s and 15s with the correct tires will give you better acceleration, with everything else equal. The best all around for looks and handling would be lightweight 15s. If you show the car, most casual observers like 16s. If you go to an autocross, 14s are the ticket and will look 'best' to the folks there.
Glen

·
Registered
11,360 Posts

I'm strictly a 15" man. Why? This whole "bigger is better" wheel BS didn't start up until WELL after our cars were conceived (cupholders, cellphones, "baby on board" signs and other useless crap has come since too, but I digress). For a 'rocco to look "period correct", I think it needs 14's or 15's. As a side benefit to sticking to that mantra, a 15" wheel is lighter than a larger wheel (most of the time anyways) and with an adequate Z- or Y-rated tire, you won't suffer any noticeable handling deficiency by "compromising" to the higher sidewall a smaller rim gives you. You'll also be far less likely to bend a smaller rim than a big one, and if you stick to a lighter rim, handling and acceleration are improved as well.
There are a ton of nice 15's that are either still available or can be easily found with a little searching - BBS, Ronal, Zimmerman, etc. 15's all the way baby!

[Modified by KevinC, 9:04 PM 12-2-2002]

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Re: what size wheels look best on a 16v scirocco? (VeeDubbin16v)

quote:[HR][/HR]Does ATS still make that wheel?[HR][/HR]​
yup. I just checked.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Re: what size wheels look best on a 16v scirocco? (psychopathic16v)

quote:[HR][/HR]17's.
end of story.

be prepared to bust your azz

[HR][/HR]​

I'm still waiting for the loot to get mine!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts